💐Shuichi Saihara x reader- More flowers?!💐

Length: medium- 423 words
Au: non despair

"More flowers?!"
I kneel down, scooping the bouquet from the concrete before the rain can seep through the Today, it's favourite colour roses, bundled up with a spool of amethyst ribbon.
I carry them inside, the scent mingling with the overflow of aromas in my apartment- flowers, flowers and more flowers.
"What am I going to use this time..." I murmur.
I've gone from the two vases I owned to glasses, to bowls and now I have to use anything I can get my hands on.
I snatch my pencil case form the countertop ,emptying the contents haphazardly. I fill it with water and finally, arrange the flowers. The buds smile up at me, flashing in the wintry light outside. They look like velvet, dainty but glimmering.
Knock knock knock!
"Oh no! I have to go!" I snatch a handful of pens from the floor and dash into the door, pulling it open.
"Hi, y/n!" Kaede beams. She's wrapped in a purple coat, her ahoge hiding beneath an orange bobble hat.
"Hi Kaede!" I grab my coat off the rack and hurry outside.
"Oh! You have something stuck to you!" She plucks a piece of paper out of my hair.
"What... oh! It's a phone number! From the flowers!"
077889 480410
The numbers are neat and precise, written in navy ink. This must be the number of the person who's been sending me flowers... I fumble for my phone and punch in the numbers as we walk to Shuichi Saihara's house. He's Kaede'S friend, and I don't know him very well- we just walk to school together. I wish I knew him better.
As I hit the final 0, the door cracks open. Shuichi stands in the doorway- and his phone lets out an excited buzz.
"Wait- your the one who's been sending me all those flowers?!" I exclaim.
Pink hits his cheeks as he blushes.
"Y/n! I-"
"Oh my GOSH! This is so cute!" Kaede squeals.
My face bursts into pink.
"Shuichi, that was so kind..."
"It took me a while to put my phone number in. That's why I sent you so many... I was kind of nervous." He admits.
"No, I loved the flowers! Even though I had to put them in bowls after a while." I laugh.
"I'm so glad!" He stammers.
"This is adorable!" Kaede claps her hands together. "Are you two dating now!"
Me and Shuichi make eye contact (for the first time) and smile at each other.