"Why not? Right now it's the only possibility that could bring us anywhere near our goal!"

My voice gradually stared to become louder as my frustration only grew bigger as well.
To be honest, I wasn't quite sure about what had gotten into me either and why I was suddenly standing up for the other gang as if my life depended on it.

I felt as if I was in a tunnel.
No way of turning left or right, only the path right in front of me that I had decided to go, the moment I had dared to question my leaders authority.
I stubbornly stared ahead and had only my own idea in mind.

Yeeun, however, was just as stubborn as myself, no chance that she would actually give in.

"Our group came together precisely to stop both of the other gangs.
How on earth do you think we would suddenly come together, huh?"

"Just think logically! Who's the bigger threat, Nct or SVT? Well obviously the one who blew up an entire school!"

"Shut the fuck up!"

The longer our heated conversation went on, the more I lost my own composure, accepting no other answer than the one I wanted to hear.
The other girls only kept silent, not understanding why of all the members I was the one who somehow supported the other gang.

The doubtful and judging looks of the others made the blood in my veins boil even more and before I realized it, I had already gotten up from my seat, slowly walking towards my leader despite the agonizing stinging of my wound.

I almost collapsed during the first few steps and had to support my heavy body on the back of the chairs, gradually moving in her direction while I was gripping hard onto the several seats.

"Open your eyes, Yeeun! You are more similar to NCT than you think", I hissed at her angrily, causing the older member to jump up as well and make her way over to me.
She came to a halt only a few steps away, the two of us glaring at each other as if enemies were suddenly facing each other.

"Maybe you should join NCT then.
You clearly don't value our principles anymore."

My breath automatically faltered when I heard these words from the very person who had been taking care of me like a mother for the past two years.
How had it come to this?

I knew I could be obnoxious sometimes, but telling me I should join another gang? I felt as if someone just stabbed me in the back, not sure wether I wanted to cry or scream at the top of my lungs.

"Wow," I laughed with bitterness written all over my face.
My own heart contracted painfully while I tried to avoid the looks of the other members, who seemed just as suprised as I did.
There was nothing but rage, the bright flames within me swallowing me whole.

"I don't want to join NCT, I want to see SVT in jail! After everything that happened the last couple of weeks, we can't waste any more time!
You always give us orders on how to sabotage the other gangs, no single solution on how to finally end all the violence.
Now that someone practically serves you the perfect opportunity on a fucking silver plate, you decide just throw it away!
I hate to say it, but your own pride and god damn stubbornness is preventing you from seeing the truth and causes all of you to fucking m-"

I wasn't able to finish my sentence, instead, a sudden pain exploded in my left cheek while my head slightly snapped to the side, several gasps sounding at the same moment. Before I could realize what had happened, my lips already began to tremble as light tears started to form.

With eyes wide open, I turned my head back to our leader and stared speechlessly at the person, I had never expected to slap me.
It was the first time she had raised her hand against me and I had no idea how to react.