Chapter 35

Breathing heavily, I finally arrived at home and slammed the front door behind me with loud bang

loud bang. Exhausted, I prop myself up on my knees and tried to calm my racing heart. I had run all the way here without stopping for a second.

Why? I didn't really know myself, but I had this constant, unpleasant and unknown feeling in the back of my head, which I had tried to escape in vain.
Having arrived at the headquarters I realize that it still hadn't disappeared though.

"Sunghee, is that you?" I heard Yuqi's sweet voice and watched her slowly jogging down the stairs.

Meanwhile I threw my jacket over the clothes rack and took off my dirty shoes that were partially covered with a gross and sticky liquid.

"Holy shit," she pulled her face in disgust and skrunched her nose while her eyes scanned me from head to toe.

"You look as bad as you smell."

I gave her a fake smile and glared at her with narrowed eyes.
I could literally feel several drops of whatever shit it was dripping from my hair, making a quiet sound when hitting the ground.

"Thanks for the enlightenment, Sherlock."

"What happened?" she asked more interested, and reached out with her hand.

Shortly afterwards, she pulled a damp lettuce leaf from my hair and made another disgusted expression. I really love that girl but if she looks at me like that one more time I'm going to throw hands. Exhausted, I rubbed my eyes before sighing in frustration.

"I ran into the other gangs," it now quietly left my lips, barely louder than a  whisper.

I fucked up... I really did.

All the time my members had been telling me to keep our identity and try not to get involved with them outside of our own gang activities and now I was most likely on SVT's blacklist. The only good thing was that they thought I was working with NCT and not DRGNS.

Either way, I was screwed.

"Sunghee?"  another voice suddenly sounded and as if I couldn't have expected anything else, our leader came up slowly to us.

"Hello," I faintly greeted her and bit my lower lip in shame.

The look on her face already showed disappointment, while she eyed my whole body as well, knowing that something bad had happened.
I could see the frustration slowly building up in her as she put her hands on her hips, her mouth pressing into a thin line.

"What exactly have you done?" she directly asked in a serious tone, whereupon my jaw dropped in indignation.

"I haven't done anything! At least not... I mean I- I... oh, damn it."