Chapter 13

I'm going to warn you right here

My brain is not working properly rn so I appologize for my English error in this chapter.

Also, I'm going to update 2 chapters again because the next one is rather short

I closed my eyes in silence as the warm rays of the sun broke through the windows and landed on my light skin

I closed my eyes in silence as the warm rays of the sun broke through the windows and landed on my light skin. For a brief moment I fully absorbed my surroundings.

The pleasant silence of the training room, single drops of sweat tickling my face, my regularly beating heart that synchronized with the rhythm of the ticking clock. I felt how the sun gave me new energy for the day, hugging my body with its warmth.

"Hey Captain, how are you?" the voice of one of the club members sounded and I greeted the girl friendly.

"You weren't there the last two times."

I thought about last week when the news reported the explosion at Inchang High School. Since I was barricaded at home for the next few days, I couldn't attend the training sessions.

"Oh, uh... I just had a little food poisoning," I lied without further ado under a fake smile, "nothing to worry about.

The girl just nodded understandingly and a little later she headed for the changing rooms while I grabbed a pair of boxing gloves and pulled them over my hands.

Every now and then a few more students came into the room and greeted me before they went into the changing room to put on their sports clothes.

Fortunately, there were not many club members. There were just a handful of girls who kept it all going, but I didn't complain. The fewer people, the more comfortable.

Well, at least that's how it was in the past.

As I tried to enjoy the remaining minutes before the girls would come back ,the presence of a certain student prevented me from doing so.

Right at that moment my favourite classmate (cough* sarcasm) came strolling through the door while he was critically examining the room.

My previously cheerful mood disappeared in no time and instead built up the familiar feeling of dislike and tension.

"So you actually came...", I murmured without moving a muscle in my face as I went to one of the punching bags before I started to leave a few solid punches.

"What, you thought I was going to change my mind?"

I didn't have to look at him to feel his amused look on my back. Instead, I punched the bag in front of me harder, imagining that it was the guy behind me instead.

"One can still hope."

I noticed the other girls who finally stepped out of the locker room and froze in place when they saw Lee Donghyuck standing in the same room. Shortly after I stopped my activity and put the punching bag to rest.

My eyes met him for the first time and I immediately noticed his changed appearance. Instead of his hair styled to the side as usual, it now fell unmade and dishevelled over his dark eyes.

For once he was not wearing a fancy leather jacket, but a simple grey hoodie with black torn jeans.

Even if it was a simple look, it suited him damn well.

Finally realizing what kind of thoughts came into my mind, I internally hit myself several times and hoped to find my sanity.

"We only have a girls' locker room here, so use the men's bathroom next door and change in there."

I pointed my head in the direction of the exit and signalled Donghyuck to change his clothes. His mischievous grin, however, only grew bigger as his eyes fell on the still frozen girls.

"No need, I have no problem with the girls' locker room."

At the statement all my neck hair started to stand up and I watched as he walked towards the changing room with a smug expression on his face.

The boy really didn't have to make an effort to inflame my inner anger.

Before he could reach the door, I stood close to his body, pressing my right boxing glove hard against his chest.

"Touch one of them and I'll break every single bone of yours," I growled with a serious expression and pressed my hand harder against his rising and falling upper body.

Meanwhile my own heart began to race faster again and an unpleasant tingle spread throughout my whole body while a single bead of sweat dripped from my forehead.

"Jealous?" he merely smirked, not breaking eye contact for even a second.

"You wish."

He eyed me from top to bottom before his aura grew more serious and he tilted his head a little to the side.

"Get out of my way."

"Over my dead body."

"Can be arranged," he now spoke more threatening, licking his lips hungrily with his tongue.

There it was again.

That look in his eyes that I hated more than anything in the world. A combination of arrogance and dominance, paired with amusement and playfulness.

He didn't see me as a threat.

He rather saw me as one of his toys that he could treat as he pleased.

But I guess that was his mistake. I was not a petite porcelain doll that he could control at will and that would fall to pieces at the slightest impact.

The time would come when I would prove it to everyone. Someday, just not today.

I laughed sarcastically while my hands slid lazily from his chest and I came one step closer. Like the day before, the distance between us was so minimal that not even a piece of paper would have fit between us.

His warm breath gently tickled my nose, but I only focused on his fiery sparkling eyes.

"Honey, trust me when I say...", I stood lightly on my tiptoes and bent to his ear, "I can make your death look like an accident."

Again, sorry😅

Again, sorry😅

I don't know where my mind is today
I still hope you somehow liked this chapter haha🙇‍♀️
The next one is coming in a few minutes

Also, I really want to show what this girl is capable of but it's not the time
I want Donghyuck to think she's just grumpy and underestimate her for a while