"I know I want something more with her, but what does 'more' even mean? I know I want to be open about how much she means to me, but… how much does she mean to me? I know it can't be love, it's too soon for that...right? I've never been in love before, so…" 

He sighed, sitting up to remove his clothing so he could try to get more comfortable. He'd have to talk to Lucy in the morning, now, he needed to try and clear his head so he could sleep. 

~

Natsu's door swung open, Lucy not having to look up to know who was walking in. 

"Hey, Lucy, I need to talk to you."

She ignored him, focusing more on the book she was reading than his words.

"Lucy…"

There was a long wave of silence before Natsu sat down on the edge of the bed, and Lucy chose not to acknowledge his presence. 

"I know you're mad at me, and I'm sorry… I got you some books, if that'll cheer you up?"

She said nothing as he placed a stack of 10 books next to her. He'd picked these out from the library, guilty that he never let her see the huge room filled with more books than he could count. He remembered the genres she liked, hoping these would be sufficient. 

"I also got ya a hair brush…"

He sighed when he realized she wasn't going to talk to him at all, so he stood and left the brush on the vanity before leaving the room. Maybe she just needed space for now.

Lucy scoffed. Did he really think he could give her a few books and a brush and everything would be okay? What she wanted was freedom, or at least a decent apology. She decided she'd give him a few days to figure it out.

~

"Lucy, are you still mad?" Natsu eyed her wearily, sighing when he earned no response or acknowledgement. 

"I got ya some proper clothes, just like you asked. I remember the outfits you said you liked on TV, these are a lot like them. I can get you more if ya want…"

The blonde continued to ignore him as she used her new brush to style her hair.

He left the chest of clothes and accessories on the ground near where she sat on the vanity, choosing not to bother her anymore. Maybe he needed to try a different approach. 

~

"Hey, Luce, there's someone here to see ya." 

He stared at her as she laid on the bed, cuddling with Happy. Natsu couldn't help but envy the little blue exceed as he snuggled against Lucy's chest, but was glad to see that she wore one of the new outfits he'd gotten her and reading one of the new books.

He turned to look at the short bluenette behind him, giving her an uneasy smile.

"She's still pissed at me, but maybe you can cheer her up?"

Levy smiled brightly, nodding. "I'll try. I love to talk to a fellow bookworm!" 

Natsu nodded as he let Levy enter the room, staring at the shut door for a moment before leaving. He really hoped introducing her to Levy would help, she did say she was lonely, after all. He may have to arrange a visit to the fairy kingdom sooner than he'd planned.

~

Natsu stood in front of the door, hesitant to open it. It's been 3 days and 2 nights since Lucy spoke to him, and he really missed her. He hoped he could get her to come around with this apology he'd planned and rehearsed all last night.