Chapter 22 ➼ ℋ𝒶𝓀𝑒𝓁𝒹𝒶𝓂𝒶

Start from the beginning

Then she sees it.

A whole army slaughtered.

Lexa's army.

The same army that Lexa sent to watch over Skaikru until the Ice Nation was handled.

At least three hundred bodies lay bled out on the ground.

Angelina slides off of her horse, moving before Lexa as tears form in her eyes. Roan quickly stands behind her, gripping the girls shoulders as he pulls her back to his chest. The guards slowly move down the embankment onto the field. Angelina follows, sticking close to Lexa as Roan's skin never leaves hers.

Clarke gasps as she says, "It's all bullet wounds."

Angelina locked eyes with Clarke, but before she can open her mouth one of Lexa's guards calls her over. The group races over, finding a lone survivor.

Angelina drops to her knees as she gasps, "Indra!" The girl moves so she props the grounder's head on her lap. Indra tries to sit up, only for Angelina to hold her back as Lexa approaches.

"I need bandages!" Clarke yells as she moves Indra's armor and finds a gunshot wound to the woman's shoulder.

"Stay away," Indra warns, eyeing Clarke. "You're one of them."

"Indra, teik em sis au," (Let her help) Lexa pleads as she kneels. Clarke holds a cloth to Indra's shoulder. The woman squeezes Angelina's hand as Lexa says, "Indra, what happened here?"

"They attacked while we slept," Indra gasps out as Angelina locks eyes with Roan. "Our watch was to the North, looking for Azgeda. They killed our archers first. Our infantry couldn't get close. Then they executed the wounded."

"The summit was two days ago," Clarke says. "How could Kane do this?"

"It wasn't Kane," Indra shakes her head. "It was Pike."

"Pike?" Angelina questions.

"How did you escape?" Lexa asks.

Angelina grows infuriated as Indra answers, "Bellamy."

"Bellamy was with them?" Clarke questions.

"He wanted to spare the wounded but they wouldn't listen," Indra responds. "He convinced Pike to let me live so I could deliver a message."

"What message?" Lexa asks, growing angry.

"Skaikru rejects the coalition. This is their land now. We can leave, or we can die."

With glassy eyes Lexa turns to her guard as she says, "send riders. I call upon the armies of the twelve clans." Her voice grows louder as she says, "in a days time we lay waste to Arkadia and everyone within it's walls!"

"Sha, heda." (Yes commander.)

Angelina's heart drops in her stomach, making the girl nauseous.

Clarke stands before turning to Lexa. "Wait. Give me time to fix this."

Clarke turns and begins walking as Angelina stands, allowing Indra to lie on the ground.

"Hod em op!" (Stop them!) Lexa yells. Two blades quickly cross in front of Clarke as Angelina stops and turns to face Lexa. "What are you doing?" She asks.

"I can't let you two leave," Lexa says, eyeing Angelina.

"So we're prisoners? Just like that?" Clarke asks, growing angry as her voice rises.

"Yes," Lexa breathes out as Roan moves to stand by her side.

"Lexa, let me go to Arkadia," Clarke begins as Lexa cuts her off with a stern, "No."