Chapter 17 ➼ 𝐵𝑜𝒹𝓎𝑔𝓊𝒶𝓇𝒹 𝑜𝒻 𝐿𝒾𝑒𝓈

𝒸𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝓈𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓃𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓃 ➼ 𝒷𝑜𝒹𝓎𝑔𝓊𝒶𝓇𝒹 𝑜𝒻 𝓁𝒾𝑒𝓈

𝒸𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝓈𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓃𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓃 𝒷𝑜𝒹𝓎𝑔𝓊𝒶𝓇𝒹 𝑜𝒻 𝓁𝒾𝑒𝓈

"COME ON, TAV. I KNOW YOU can hit harder than that," Angelina mocks the said girl. The two dance around each other in the middle of a ring of grounders who cheer the two girls on.

Octavia smirks, squaring her shoulders as she swings her fist. Angelina ducks, grabbing a hold of Octavia's wrist and pushing the girl past her, right into the circle of grounders where Indra and Roan stand watching the two sky girls.

"Indra said no magic," Octavia warns with a smirk as she watches Angelina's hands twitch.

Angelina scoffs as she glares at Indra. "Why exactly can't I use my magic in training?"

"First lesson, never question me," Indra gives the girl a stern glare as she crosses her arms over her chest. "Just because you have it doesn't mean you should rely on it. You need to understand the basics of combat because from what I've heard, you only recently fell into your powers."

Angelina groans, throwing her head back as she says, "I should be able to rely on it all I want! It makes me who I am!" She throws a hand on her hip.

"No, it just makes you cocky," Octavia smirks before charging at the girl again.

Angelina smirks, lowering her head as Octavia approaches. Instead of raising her fist again, like Angelina is prepared for, Octavia kicks her leg out, sweeping Angelina off her feet. The girl lands hard on her back before twisting her legs around and knocking Octavia off of her feet.

Angelina scrambles to her feet before rushing over to Roan who stands watching the two girls train under Indra. Angelina's hand rests on his sword as she says, "Can I borrow this?"

Without waiting for a response the girl pulls the sword from it's place on Roan's hip before turning back to Octavia. She smirks, hearing Roan's deep snicker from behind her. The Blake girl grins as Indra tosses her the sword that previously sat in her grasp. Angelina weighs the weapon in her hand, deciding it was heavier than any weapon she had used before. She wraps both of her small hands around the handle before swinging it above her head. Octavia's sword clashes against Angelina's.

Angelina grits her teeth, throwing all of her body weight behind the sword as Octavia shifts her weight, shoving her to the side. Angelina slices Octavia's arm open in the process. Angelina regains her balance before spinning on her heels and slashing Octavia's sword from her hands. In one motion, Octavia grabs the weapon off of the ground and swings it around Angelina's, sending both weapons flying into the crowd of grounders.

Angelina gasps, feeling empty without the weighted weapon as Octavia attacks. With a raise of her fist Octavia punches Angelina right in the chest, sending the girl staggering backwards as she gasps for air.