Chapter 2 ➼ 𝐸𝒶𝓇𝓉𝒽 𝒮𝓀𝒾𝓁𝓁𝓈

𝒸𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝓉𝓌𝑜 ➼ 𝑒𝒶𝓇𝓉𝒽 𝓈𝓀𝒾𝓁𝓁𝓈

𝒸𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝓉𝓌𝑜 𝑒𝒶𝓇𝓉𝒽 𝓈𝓀𝒾𝓁𝓁𝓈

ANGELINA HAD NEVER RAN SO FAST in all of her two lives. The group had bolted when they discovered Jasper's impaled body. Angelina thought for sure that he was dead, until she heard him scream. A blood curdling scream that the magical girl was sure that not even her wicked aunt's monkeys could sound. Octavia and Angelina grip onto each other's hands as they run like their lives depended on it. And it did. On the way back Monty had tripped and landed right in front of a decaying skeleton.

The group didn't stop running until they reached the camp site. There, Angelina almost runs straight into John Murphy, who is being held at knife point by the chancellor's son.

"Get off of him!" Angelina yells as she rips the knife from Wells' fingers. John steps away from Wells as he rubs his neck before turning to Angelina. "You okay, princess? You look like you've seen a ghost."

Angelina simply nods as she tries to calm her breathing. John watches the girl as he places a hand on her back. She steps out of his grip as Monty helps Octavia into the camp.

"Octavia, are you alright?" Bellamy asks as he wraps his arms around his sister. Octavia winces as she shifts her weight off of her leg and into Bellamy's embrace. Octavia reaches towards Angelina, intertwining their fingers as Angelina leans against John's shoulder. "Where's the food?"

"We didn't make it to Mount Weather," Finn announces as he and Monty sit on a log. The group of teenagers surround them.

"What the hell happened out there?" Bellamy asks.

"We were attacked," Clarke speaks up.

"Attacked? By what?" Wells asks as he stands by Clarke.

Angelina scoffs at the boy, rolling her eyes as she says. "By who."

"It turns out, when the last man from the ground died on the ark, he wasn't the last grounder," Finn explains.

"It's true, everything we thought we knew about the ground is wrong." Clarke speaks up. "There are people here, survivors. But that means that we can survive too. Radiation won't kill us."

"Only the grounders will," Angelina sighs, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Where's the kid with the goggles?" Wells asks.

"Jasper," Angelina states. "His name is Jasper. The grounders took him."

Clarke gasps, lurching forward to take Wells' wrist in her hands, "Where is your wrist band?"

The boy rips his arm away before glaring at Bellamy as he says, "Ask him."

"How many?" Clarke asks, stalking towards Bellamy.