Chapter 5 ➼ 𝒞𝑜𝓃𝓉𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓈 𝒰𝓃𝒹𝑒𝓇 𝒫𝓇𝑒𝓈𝓈𝓊𝓇𝑒

𝒸𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒻𝒾𝓋𝑒 ➼ 𝒸𝑜𝓃𝓉𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓈 𝓊𝓃𝒹𝑒𝓇 𝓅𝓇𝑒𝓈𝓈𝓊𝓇𝑒

𝒸𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒻𝒾𝓋𝑒 𝒸𝑜𝓃𝓉𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓈 𝓊𝓃𝒹𝑒𝓇 𝓅𝓇𝑒𝓈𝓈𝓊𝓇𝑒

THE STORM HOWLS OUTSIDE THE DROP ship as Clarke barks orders around. A group assembled a tarp to cover the drop ship door just as Angelina slipped through. The girl had collected a bucket filled with rain water. The girl hands the bucket off as she shrugs off her wet outerwear, leaving her in a tank top and leggings. She squeezes water out of her hair as she watches the new girl who had come down to the ground in a much smaller drop ship that she fixed herself. Angelina had learned her name was Raven. She watches as the girl tries to fix a radio in attempts to get in touch with the ark.

Earlier, Angelina noticed that John Murphy was unaccounted for. When she asked about him, Clarke had given her the shortest version of what happened in which Wells was dead, John had been banished from camp and Wells' killer had jumped off of a cliff.

To say Angelina was pissed was an understatement. The girl demanded Clarke to tell her what really happened as soon as Finn was taken care of. The blonde hesitantly agreed.

"Raven?"

Angelina's head snaps to where the mechanic sits at the radio as a voice comes through.

"Mom?" Clarke asks. "Mom, I need your help. One of our people was stabbed by a grounder."

A second voice comes through the radio, "Clarke, this is the chancellor. Are you saying that there are survivors on the ground?"

"Yes, the Earth is survivable." Clarke responds. "We're not alone." After nothing comes through the radio, Clarke continues. "Mom, he's dying. The knife is still in his chest."

Instead of Clarke's mother responding, the chancellor's voice comes through the radio. "Clarke, is my son with you?"

Clarke looks up with tears in her eyes as she says, "I'm so sorry. Wells is, Wells is dead."

Moments later, Clarke's mother responds. "Alright I'm gonna talk you through it step by step."

The drop ship shakes in the storm as the radio cuts in and out.

"What?!" Clarke yells over the storm. "Raven what's wrong?"

"It's not the radio! It's the storm!" The girl yells back.

Octavia then slips through the tarp holding two containers. She hands one to Clarke. The blonde opens it, smelling the content as she asks, "Monty's moonshine?"

Octavia shrugs, "I'm sure no germ could survive it."

Raven rushes up to the table where Angelina stands by Finn's head. The girl holds a needle, "Look, a suture needle."

"Right," Clarke says, "I still need something to close him up with."

"There's some wire on the second level that we used for the tents," Octavia suggests.