Chapter 44 ➼ 𝒫𝒶𝓃𝒹𝑜𝓇𝒶'𝓈 ℬ𝑜𝓍

𝒸𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒻𝑜𝓇𝓉𝓎 𝒻𝑜𝓊𝓇 ➼ 𝓅𝒶𝓃𝒹𝑜𝓇𝒶'𝓈 𝒷𝑜𝓍

𝒸𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒻𝑜𝓇𝓉𝓎 𝒻𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝓅𝒶𝓃𝒹𝑜𝓇𝒶'𝓈 𝒷𝑜𝓍

THE CROWD FALLS SILENT AS ANGELINA holds both hands up. The girl sighs in content as she leans back against the throne.

"Each of these four combatants have committed crimes against Wonkru," Gaia speaks as she initiates. "They are our enemies, traitors to our people. Traitors to our code of strength, unity and honor. But today, one of you will be given a chance to once again be called brother or sister. However, first you must survive. The only rule in the arena is, be the last."

The crowd cheers, banging against the metal fencing while Marcus Kane's stare never leaves the two women sitting upon the throne.

"As always, as we invite death into this hall. We honor it," Gaia continues, bowing her head. Those surrounding the fighting pits follow the flame keeper, bowing their head as everyone speaks, "omon gon oson." (All of me for all of us)

"Be the last," Gaia speaks.

Angelina and Octavia watch as the prisoners rush to grab weapons from the walls before turning on each other. The two queens remain unmoving, silently watching as the first prisoner is mounted to the wall with a stake through the chest.

One by one the prisoners kill each other off until only Kane remains. Still, the man continues to slam his weapon into his opponent's head time and time again until blood covers the man's face.

He turns as the crowd sounds their disapproval. His hands shake as he faces Wonkru's queens.

"Marcus Kane," Gaia addresses the man. "In stealing life-giving medicine from Wonkru, you have committed a crime against our people, but you're the last. Blodreina, Oscreina, has he earned his freedom?"

All eyes turn to the two females upon the throne. Angelina turns to Octavia, the two leaders needed no words as Octavia stands. The girl turns to the man standing at the bottom of the fighting pits, the crowd screaming out as she speaks, "he fights again tomorrow."

Angelina follows after Octavia as they storm down the hallways of the prisoner's unit. Raen leads the way as Roan follows behind, both men dressed in thick armor with swords strapped to their backs.

Raen pauses by the door, glancing to Octavia before opening it. He allows both girls inside before closing it behind him, he and Roan standing guard.