Chapter 56 ➼ 𝒯𝒽𝑒 ℱ𝒶𝒸𝑒 ℬ𝑒𝒽𝒾𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒢𝓁𝒶𝓈𝓈

ℬ𝓊𝓇𝓃𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓁𝒶𝓋𝒶,𝒴𝑜𝓊 𝒸𝒶𝓃'𝓉 𝑔𝑜 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓅𝓇𝒶𝓎 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝓉𝓎𝓅𝑒 𝑜𝒻 𝓅𝒶𝒾𝓃 𝒶𝓌𝒶𝓎

𝒴𝑜𝓊 𝒸𝒶𝓃'𝓉 𝑔𝑜 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓅𝓇𝒶𝓎 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝓉𝓎𝓅𝑒 𝑜𝒻
𝓅𝒶𝒾𝓃 𝒶𝓌𝒶𝓎.

𝒟𝑜𝓃'𝓉 𝒷𝑜𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇 𝓂𝑒, 𝓂𝓎 𝓂𝒾𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓎
ℐ𝓉'𝓈 𝒽𝑜𝓁𝒹𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓂𝑒
𝒲𝑜𝓃'𝓉 𝓁𝑒𝓉 𝓂𝑒 𝓈𝓅𝑒𝒶𝓀

𝒸𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒻𝒾𝒻𝓉𝓎 𝓈𝒾𝓍 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒻𝒶𝒸𝑒 𝒷𝑒𝒽𝒾𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑔𝓁𝒶𝓈𝓈

NEITHER ANGELINA OR ROAN HAD SPOKE a word since Bellamy closed the door to the ship. Raen, being the most practical of the four in this situation, took charge setting up a camp for the night and stole Roan for help. No one seemed to care as Angelina and Octavia sat off to the side of the make-shift camp.

Octavia sat in silence as she watched Raen build a fire for the four of them, while Angelina sat eerily still - her eyes unfocused as she stared ahead at the trees.

Angelina was angry, seething in silence. She was angry at her trauma. Angry she wasn't able to heal. Angry that she was dragging her soulmate down with her. Angry that he didn't see it and cut his losses.

With a huff, the girl walks off on her own into the woods, shoving the brush out of her way as she does. Usually the woods were Angelina Hood's oasis. A place she could hide under coverage that only the trees can provide. Usually the woods brought Angelina peace. It was where her father taught her to shoot her first bow, where she made her first friend, where she hid when she stole her mother's spell book.

But today the woods were not her friend.

Angelina clutches her head as she fights against the tears that fall. Biting along the inside of her cheek, Angelina attempts to conceal the magic inside of her. Pulsations flow down her arms, her fingers turning a singed black as the magic builds beneath her skin. Unable to hold back, a blood curdling screech rips it's way from Angelina's throat. Dropping to her knees, Angelina watches as a cloud of black magic escapes her lips. The ground around her shakes as her magic expands, blowing the brush around her matted to the ground.

"Lina!" A trembling voice calls.

Choking back a sob, Angelina presses the palms of her hands to her eyes. The girl presses so hard she sees stars as Octavia engulfs the girl, almost tacking the magical girl to the ground with her.

Octavia hisses as she wraps her arms around the girl, feeling the familiar burn of Angelina's dark magic. "Lina!" Octavia presses her hands to the side of the girl's face. Angelina's tears flowing down Octavia's arms as she thrashes against her hold.