27 | nevarro reunion

27 | NEVARRO REUNION

The planet Varis was only a little ways away

The planet Varis was only a little ways away. The Razor Crest was barely flyable, as the dock man barely fixed anything on the ship. Varis was the nearest place Mando knew where they could fix up the ship a bit more, just to make it to Nevarro where they could get the ship working like it was brand new. Plus, it was an independent planet--free from the Republic and the Empire--where it was safe enough for them to take a rest stop at.

When they arrived, it was already night in the city that they stayed. The city was extremely well organized, the buildings were new and the environment hadn't been too much disrupted by industrialization. There was a castle in the center of the capital, glimmering in gold and white colors. Nearby, was an inn in which Mando, Celeste, and the child could stay at.

The child quickly fell asleep in the makeshift cradle they had made in the room. On the bed, Mando and Celeste laid together, her fingers tracing his clothed chest. Mando felt comfortable enough at the inn to remove his armor for the night, which was nice, for Celeste hadn't seen his face in a while.

"What did you want to tell me? Back on Trask?" Mando asked her.

"Bo-Katan, she said something about a Darksaber... when I was training on that empire ship, I was promised a reward--the Darksaber--for my loyalty," Celeste began to tell.

"You don't have to worry about that anymore, you are free of the empire," Mando assured her.

"And, also, while I was there, the way I trained... there was no one else like me there that could train me. I only had a journal of a Jedi, which I read and taught myself from. The journal belonged to an Ahsoka Tano, the Jedi Bo-Katan is leading us to." Celeste informed him.

Mando was quiet for a moment as he thought. "I want to know more about myself, I want to learn more from her. Just as the child will learn from her. I am part of his kind, too. You can't deny it anymore," Celeste told him.

"If you choose to go with him, you know I can't stay there with you," Mando reminded her.

Celeste's heart began to hurt. She felt selfish choosing between herself or him. "Gideon could still come after me," Celeste told him, "I need to know how to protect myself from him and the empire. He wants to use me, as his weapon."

"Gideon is dead."

"Who do you think took me from Nevarro all those months ago?"

Mando was quiet. "He wants me back there, I now understand it's so I can be a tool for a greater scheme of his. He's not hunting me now, but how long will that last before he starts coming after me to forcibly put me by his side?" Celeste spoke lowly, indicating the seriousness of the issue.

"I won't let him touch you," Mando promised.

"You can't protect me forever Mando, that's why I need to be trained," Celeste explained. He turned over on the bed to face his back toward her so she wouldn't see his face. He didn't want her to ever see him slightly worried. For once in his life, he had no idea what to do.