3 | the child

3 | THE CHILD

"What kind of bullshit service is this?! You've got another person to hunt? While you still have me tied up here?" Celeste hissed at Mando as he landed at Arvala-7, certainly not the planet where Mando was supposed to turn Celeste in at

"What kind of bullshit service is this?! You've got another person to hunt? While you still have me tied up here?" Celeste hissed at Mando as he landed at Arvala-7, certainly not the planet where Mando was supposed to turn Celeste in at. Mando pulled out some sort of tracking device that annoyingly beeped like a metal detector. It was a fob tracker, used by bounty hunters when they weren't given a puck.

Mando ignored her, as always. But, then Celeste began to thrash around in her seat and kick the dashboard in front of her. Mando whipped his head around and pointed his weapon at her, threateningly. "You stay here. I shouldn't take long." He instructed.

"Are you kidding me?" Celeste smacked her lips at him, in a distasteful manner.

"If I take you, you'll run." Mando stated, plainly.

"If you leave me here, I'll find a way to get out of these restraints and run anyway." Celeste quickly retorted.

Mando stood quietly for a moment, debating the choice he had to make in his mind. "Fine," he sighed, giving in, "but, if you run, just know... I won't mind shooting you down for a lesser payment of your dead body." Mando lied. It was quite easy for him to do so since the mask hid his self incriminating eyes. Mando knew Vikkal—the man that sent him after Celeste—wanted her alive and well. To him, he seemed to be like some precious and rare cargo he could not risk letting go.

Celeste gulped. Her body went cold. The tables had certainly turned now. No longer did she feel so safe and secure now that she knew he could kill her and still get paid. Mando walked over to her and released her bodily restraints, allowing her to stand up beside him. He marched out of his ship and she followed his shadow out into the desert planet. She attempted to pull her wrists apart, but they were still bound by cuffs that dug deep in her skin, slicing her wrists as she struggled more and more.

They took a few steps outside of the ship, then, Mando pulled out his rifle to scope out the area. He spotted a blurrg in the distance then turned his rifle in the other direction. Celeste continued to jangle with the cuff, distracting herself as Mando zoomed in on some blurrgs far off in the horizon. Suddenly, a blurrg came charging at the two out of nowhere. They didn't see it coming since Celeste was distracted by the painful cuffs and Mando was staring at a group of blurrgs far away. The blurrg stomped toward Mando first. It took hold of Mando's arm and flung him around like a rag doll. He punched and kicked at the beast while Celeste tried to stay as far away from the blurrg as she could to avoid getting hurt. She couldn't do anything due to her bound wrists and she didn't want to help the man who had just kidnapped her, either. Mando managed to stick it with a tranquilizer he had hidden in his belt, and it fell unconscious to the ground.

A local from the planet wandered over, while riding a blurrg himself, to see what all the commotion was about. "You are a bounty hunter." The local noted. Mando nodded.