❦ T W E N T Y - O N E ❦

Jonah looked at the girl that was sitting over the fire.

The orange light hitting her face makes her even more beautiful in his eyes and her blue eyes seem to grow with the flame.

The hot chocolate in his hands was too hot to be hold the way he was holding it, but it doesn't seems to bother him, he was too focused on the girl.

He felt a presence behind him, by the smell he knows it's his mother.

"Jo, can I talk to you?" He sighed and slowly took his eyes off the girl.

The boy followed his mom into the kitchen and sat down on a chair over the counter, focusing his gaze on the cup of hot chocolate in his hands.

"Jo... Can you please look at me?" He looked up at the sweet voice of his mom and in the features of her face was visible the concern.

"What's going on between you and Nini?" The boy looked away from her to avoid her eyes that always made him confess.

"I don't know what you are talking about." He heard her sigh, but he didn't looked back at her.

"Jonah, I know you and Nini better than I know about medicine, so it's better you start taking or I asked Nini what's going on." The nurse threatened him, knowing he's going to give in.

"I- I came home drunk this morning..." The guilty was eating him alive.

"Jonah... I thought you were over it. It's been almost 5 years!" Carrie never really liked Daisy's mother, she always seemed so fake to her.

"I didn't got drunk because of her! I got drunk because of my daughter's question." The mother was confused, her granddaughter is such a smart kid with so many questions to ask and never gives up without an answer.

"Did she asked about her?" The little girl never asked about her mother, so the grandmother was surprised to ask it.

"I wished she had asked about her, but she didn't asked about her. She asked about the way I felt about Nini, and I just ran away to a random blonde, like I always do..." He was angry with himself, angry at being unable to let his feelings come out.

"Jo... It's not that hard tell her how you feel, just talk to her. I don't know if you noticed but she- she is different... She doesn't look herself... What have you done this morning? She wasn't like this yesterday." The mother was worried about her daughter that she loves as if they had the same blood.

Jonah gulped at the question and looked at his mom in the eyes.

"I- I told her that I'm in love with her, but I didn't exactly told her that was her who I was talking about, and I told her to kiss me..." He was a bit hesitant, but he confessed what he had done to his momma.

"Look what alcohol does to you, Jonah. Makes you say what you're afraid of when you're sober and we both know that it shouldn't be like that." He sighed and agreed with her.

"I wish that my jealousy wasn't that strong..."

"What are you talking about? Who are you jealous of?" She was confused.

"Of the boys around her... First Corbyn, then her colleagues and now Harry Freaking Styles. He asked her out right in front of me!" The boy said a bit loud.

"First, keep your voice down if you don't want her to listen to you and second, Nini interviewed Harry at her work, so what were you doing there?" She knows her son to well.

"I- I got worried, she didn't answered her phone and she lied about not going to work." He defended himself.

"Really, Jonah!? Of course, she said yes to Harry, she was mad at you."

"Mad at me?! But I did nothing!" He exclaimed and took his hands out of the now cold, hot chocolate.

"You really don't understand women. Try to just tell her how you feel... Maybe you should have done it years ago." She walked out of the kitchen and left the young boy lost in his own hard thoughts.

"Like it's so easy to get a broken heart at the end and get well out of it..."

~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~

Maybe it's easy not get one...

- Love, Violet♡