❦ F I F T E E N ❦

Nini walked into the guest room of Jonah's childhood house.

Technically it's her room, but she rarely slept in it, because whenever she slept over, she would sleep in Jonah's room.

Many of her nights were spent staring through Jonah's bedroom window into the starry sky, both wrapped in blankets and enjoying each other's company.

The nights after Nini's father death were very complicated, but Jonah was always there to comfort her in a tight embrace.

The young woman lay down on the bed and stared at the ceiling of the room.

It's been a nice day.

She, Daisy and Jonah spent the whole day together.

It was nice to walk around the small town of Stillwater.

Nini felt good, something she hadn't felt in a while.

A frown appeared in her face when a suddenly thought appeared in her head.

The package that Tim give her.

She made a sudden move to get up of bed and pulled the package out of her bag.

The girl sat down again in the bed and stared at the package.

"Don't make me regret of this..." She whispered to the package.

She traced her fingertips through the opening of the package and took a deep breath.

Nini knows that what is inside of the package is something important, she can feel it.

The sound of the paper tearing made her heart race.

The young woman took the book out of the package and her eyes looked at it confused.

Thanks to curiosity, she opened the book on the front page.

Property of Charles McBryan
If found, return it to my daughter, Nicole McBryan.

Nini swallowed a sob and tried to keep the tears inside of her eyes, but she wasn't strong enough.

Whimpers could be heard outside the room while Nini read every page of the diary.

So many memories... The ones she witnessed and the ones when she wasn't even born.

But what left her in deep tears was the way her father wrote about her and my mother.

So much love in his words, so much caring...

Nini had never seen that diary in her entire life, and she could have sworn that her mother doesn't know about it either.

Daisy was walking down the hall distracted by Mr. Muffins, when the sound of the whimpers made her worried.

She followed the direction of the sound of the crying and stopped in front of Nini's bedroom door.

The little one didn't even knocked, she just walked in and ran in Nini's direction.

"Mommy don't cry!" Daisy exclaimed jumping on Nini and warping her little arms around the eldest's neck, hiding her head on it.

Nini's air stopped entering her lungs when the word 'mommy' entered her ears.

The oldest of the two took the youngest's face in her hands and looked her in her watering eyes.

"I'm sorry..." Daisy said trying to look away in Mr. Muffins's direction that was on the ground next to the bed.

Nini couldn't believe that this was happening.

The little one looked back at her, because the eldest's hands were still holding her face.

Tears were rolling down Nini's face, but a warm smile was in her lips.

"Aren't you mad?" She asked in a small voice.

"How could I be mad at you?! You just called me that I always wanted you to call me." Nini used her thumbs to clean away the small tears that left the little girl's eyes.

They stayed like that, having a conversation with looks, until Nini brought her baby into a tight hug.

So tight as their relationship.

~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~

Sob...

- Love, Violet♡