𝟳 - 𝗛𝗮𝗿𝗿𝘆 | 𝗦𝘂𝗰𝗰𝗲𝘀𝘀𝗳𝘂𝗹

Start from the beginning

It had only been a couple hours since we attacked her, and I presumed she would be just resting. This made our job easier because she wouldn't be armed - or at least I hoped she wasn't. She had proved herself as a very good fighter, so there was a tiny possibility she would still be carrying around some sort of weapon.

Niall had already joined us and we were on our way to the addresses Colson had shared with me, our guns prepared. We were in the parking lot, walking towards our own cars and getting mentally prepared for whatever we were going to find. Nothing too big, I supposed, since she was on her own.

We would show up at those seven addresses and Colson would guide us on our way in, making sure none of us died. When we got the murderer, we would simply arrest her or kill her if she dared to fight back. We were prepared this time, she wouldn't escape.

Horan, Owens and me got into our separated cars and I gave each of them two addresses, leaving three for me. This wouldn't take longer than an hour and a half, two hours, so I expected all of us to be back at four.

"Colson? You there?" I asked through my earpiece, pressing the tiny red button to speak.

"Here." I heard a woman's voice from the other side of the line, followed by the noises of a spinning chair rolling against the floor. "I'm ready."

"Owens?" I called now, hoping none of us was dead yet. There was no point in that, but I had to do the usual checking because it was a strict FBI rule.

"'M here." He answered, the sounds of his car echoing in my ear louder than I expected. His voice sounded deep and smooth and I could tell he was accelerating his automobile by the simple sound of the engine roaring.

"Horan?" I ended the checking, awaiting Niall's reply. I heard some shifting and then a manly voice coated by a thick irish accent spoke.

"Here." He talked through the earpiece.

"Fine, let's get this woman." I huffed, annoyed.

With no further chatter, I drove all the way to my first address. It looked like an abandoned, unstable building, so I doubted anyone actually lived here. I had to do the checking though, so I pressed the button of my earpiece knowing everyone would hear what I had to say, but directing to Nicki specially.

"Colson, tell me the statistics on property number 101." I etched, hearing some typing on the other side of the line before Nicki's voice broke through the speakers.

"There's no sign of any corporal heat, I think the place is empty." She answered.

"Alright, I'll do the manual checking. Keep me updated." I said while I turned off my Tesla and jumped out of it.

My hand was already placed over the gun in my holster, prepared to defend myself in case anything happened. I doubted it though, since Colson's statistics were precise almost every time, but we never knew what was waiting for us on the other side of the door.

The van was parked on the door, but it was nothing like the one I had seen. Plus, it looked old and rusty, which meant nobody actually owned it anymore. The disappointment in my face was visible, but I still had to check the insides of this house just to make sure the car wasn't a distraction.

The door was ajar and almost teared off, so I opened it completely with the barrel of my gun before superficially inspecting the area with my flashlight. There was literally no one in there and no doors or stairs, which meant the establishment was just this hall.

Lowering my gun, I declared the checking of the first property complete. "Clear."

The second settlement didn't even exist and I was starting to run out of hope, hearing Niall and Jackson repeating the word 'clear' over and over again. This lady wasn't just a professional killer, she could also hide quite well. She was really prepared and I realized this case wasn't like any other else I had ever been assigned to; it was different, I could feel it.