22

Minnesota took a deep breath, before running away. The Dominos was on fire, the end of America was here. Well at least it would be if she was not the one cheering it on.

She snuck between cop cars, dodging the armoured vehicle in her path before joining up with the majority of the crowd. It was pretty scattered, and she heard the sounds of horseshoes on concrete and turned around. A man sat on horseback, and she looked at him before cupping her mouth and yelling: "Get out of here! The horse will die from smoke inhalation!"

The man turned around, seeing the fire before getting the hell out. The crowd seemed to gather and she got ready for the storm, pushing through the throngs of people as more cop cars came.

Someone yelled: "Close off the streets!" and she rolled her eyes, before noticing people were actually doing it.

"Huh," she said, as if it was a statement. Fire was spreading around her, and she could feel her own skin start to crawl. It felt like flames were spreading under it- like her skin was welting and she almost cringed before the feeling turned into euphoria.

She took a deep breath, as her demon form attempted to surface. She supposed it wouldn't matter, she was covered from head to toe with heavy duty gloves and a black biker helmet, yet it seemed dangerous.

Whoops her claws were poking through her gloves. Guess she was just going to have to go with it.

The strength was the next best thing- she was not blessed with natural super-strength like some members of her family, yet this seemed to replicate it well.

She let out a breath, smoke curling from her nose, and she smirked, looking around. Fire spread around her, an explosion as a cops car blew like a bomb, and she started moving. People needed to get away from this, she remembered- humans could not live through these conditions.

One of the MAGA brats was running around, and she swiped his feet out from under him before turning invisible, himself looking around to see what had he had tripped on before he continued running.

She didn't understand how people could be afraid of this, and she noticed that a few weren't. They didn't seem to care. An upside-down American flag hung as the centerpiece of the block, and it almost made her laugh. She continued walking. A few blocks away, everything was still fine. Nothing had spread over here yet.

She mixed into the people as they continued their shouts. This is somewhere she felt at peace, no matter what. People were her, so she supposed it made sense.

Another breath of smoke came from her mouth and she looked over to where the black smoke was starting to rise, before looking back to the moment.

Oregon laughed- she was high as fuck right now, but it was totally worth it. The sounds of marching bands came from around her and she spun around to see what they were doing, laughing all the way.

Children were skipping around the groups, which meant they at least felt safe. BLM flags fluttered in the wind as the sun began to set, and she looked up at the moon- which started to rise. She went through the groups, before finding the dudes handing out water and attempted to 'sober up' so to speak.

People cheered and ran through the crowds and she smiled. Thank god she wasn't in Minneapolis right now, there weren't any armed police here in Portland- or at least yet.

She almost ran into a guy with a trombone as she was walking, passing two girls sharing a big bottle of vodka. There were some trumpies on the outskirts yelling at a twinkie anarchist, who flipped them off before bolting from the two men.

She almost felt the urge to fight them, to make their blood drip, before she decided she was already having a good enough time without the need to kill and then get in trouble with mom and dad.