⥼n i n e⥽

Johnny liked to see family photos whenever he visited Taeyong and Donghyuck. He stared at the proud father and cute little girl with a wide smile but when he saw the mother his face quickly changed. He rolled his eyes and turned to Taeyong, who was standing behind the mafia leader.

"Don't you think it's time for you to find someone else?" he asked and leaned on the wall. "I mean, how long are you planning to be single? Dongsook is already an adult. When she leaves you, you will be all alone."

"Who said she will leave me?"

"After marriage, I will buy her and Mark a new house. You will no longer be with her," Johnny turned to the photo again and pointed at the woman's face. "Do you still love her?"

"No," Taeyong's answer sounded firm. "I don't know if I ever loved her. It seems just an illusion."

"Then what's stopping you?"

Even if they were close, Taeyong still felt like there was a thick wall between them. He couldn't say that he prevented himself from any romantic relationship just because he was scared of rejection or even worse - a loss. He didn't feel like he was ready for a hard life, protecting someone who would be new in this cruel world of his. In short, the reason why he avoided starting a new relationship was because of this mafia business.

"I think... I'm not ready yet and I don't want Dongsook to think of me as a man whore."

"You're funny," Johnny mocked, smacking the wall, nearly knocking off the photos. "How could she think of you like that if she never saw you being someone? She'll be happy for you. It's not like she loves that bitch so much she doesn't let you see someone."

Taeyong realized that he just put the trap for himself. Johnny sure could do anything just to prove that he was right and maybe that's why he was a good leader of the mafia.

"Well, you're right but-"

"Let's do this," Johnny leaned to Taeyong as if he was ready to say a secret. "Since it takes so long to find someone and I don't want to see my brother on Tinder, why don't you start dating one of my guys?"

"Johnny!" Taeyong groaned and walked away by facepalming.

He kind of guessed that his step-brother will try to match him with them. His eyes were sharp as hawk's and Taeyong shouldn't be surprised if he saw how Doyoung and Jaehyun were looking at him.

"Listen to me-"

"No!" Taeyong cut him off. "I don't want to date your guys."

"Don't pretend that you're straight, Taeyong. I always thought you were flexible in that field," Johnny caught him up and wiggled his eyebrows.

"It's not because of that."

"Then why?"

"Johnny," Taeyong turned to his step-brother. "I don't want to be seeing killers."

"Doyoung isn't a killer and neither is Jaehyun."

"Really?" Taeyong crossed his arms and stared at Johnny with a gloomy expression. "I know that Doyoung is a hacker and Jaehyun is a robber. What can you say about that?"

"How do you know?" Johnny laughed, impressed by his brother's intelligence.

"I'm observant," he told with sarcasm in his tone. "By the way, Doyoung hacked himself in our house while Jaehyun used a window to invite himself two times. Isn't that obvious? Oh, and don't say that they never killed someone. I'm pretty sure they're carrying guns to their missions."

"Okay, there were several happenings when they had to kill but believe me, they're good guys. They came to me way older than Mark, so they have a better perspective of the world."

MASQUERADE ⋮ markhyuckजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें