⥼t w e n t y - e i g h t ⥽

Donghyuck was glad that his dad didn't scold him for anything that happened inside the house across the street. Taeyong seemed disappointed that Donghyuck never said what he was doing, but instead just said that he could imagine how hard it was for the boy to keep it a secret.

"I hadn't told you this because I didn't want you to feel burden more," Donghyuck confessed. "It's way easier when you don't know something. Once you said it yourself."

And that was true. Just because Taeyong didn't know Donghyuck's secret, it was a low chance that some enemies would know it too.

The next day was already planned without Donghyuck's interference. Taeyong and Johnny agreed on taking Donghyuck to the wedding shop to plan an outfit and accessories. At least, they tried to make it look like a real wedding, not a wedding with casual clothes.

"That was my idea," Taeyong told when he and Donghyuck exited the house to go to the black van. "Johnny didn't mind connecting you two the same day."

Donghyuck shook his head, imagining a scene where he's wearing his dirty pajama and meeting Mark with casual clothes, with a priest trembling in fear as mafias have their guns out. Then he began thinking... what if they would marry each other in the forest? That was like a Johnny thing to do.

"Can't we go there ourselves?" Donghyuck openly asked when he saw Jungwoo getting out of the van.

"Nope," Jungwoo leaned shook his head. "My boss doesn't want you to wander around yourselves."

"He doesn't trust us, right?"

"Not at all. You see, you might be a target for someone. Who knows?"

Donghyuck remembered the thieves. He gave the phone to Johnny the same day and didn't get it back. Well, that wasn't that bad, maybe the mafias found it so useful that they decided to watch it thousands of times. Donghyuck believed that they didn't check his gallery or messages. When he realized that he had messages between him and mom, he felt a cold sweat on his back.

Even so, Donghyuck got into the car and didn't get surprised when he saw that there was also Lucas inside. Now he was sure that Johnny wanted them to keep eye on his relatives. Two tall and loud guys were not just helpers to pick wedding stuff.

Donghyuck enjoyed how awkward Lucas was. The brunette was dressed as himself for the first time in a while. There was no trace of Dongsook on his body, just a normal boy that seemed to trigger Lucas. But he wasn't the only one. Donghyuck noticed that even a chill guy like Jungwoo was looking at him up and down as if it was hard for him to believe that it was another person than Dongsook.

Everyone had a hard time adjusting to the idea, except for Donghyuck and maybe Mark.

────────⋈────────

Donghyuck started to regret that he was searching for a white suit instead of a dress. The staff kept bringing him boring-looking white suits when there were so many pretty dresses around. Nevertheless, Donghyuck promised to himself that he would wear a suit at the wedding, not a dress like Dongsook would do.

He was measured to find better clothes but even if the staff brought him the suits that fit him, they looked so bold and ugly. Donghyuck wanted some patterns on them or maybe even laces.

"Maybe we can sew just for you, sir," one of the female staff asked.

"I'm afraid that's impossible," Taeyong grimaced. "He's marrying in 24 hours."

Donghyuck enjoyed their reactions which soon made them look away when they recognized who was before their eyes.

"This shop sucks," he whispered to his dad.