⥼t w e n t y - t w o⥽

The first time Donghyuck encountered another alter was when he was ten. The boy was already used to being Dongsook and used that for fun, pretending to be a girl whenever he wanted to. Unfortunately, just because he kept mixing different personalities, something bad happened with his brain. He didn't face any traumatic events, he was a healthy boy indeed. It was just that the mind of a ten-year-old child had a very big imagination. So big that it controlled his mind more than reality.

No one stopped him when he was shifting from one personality to another. Taeyong didn't think it was something to worry about knowing how playful Donghyuck was. But that turned into a problem as Donghyuck began believing that Dongsook actually existed. Just because he was truly believing it, he kept repeating it inside his head and one day Dongsook's personality separated from Donghyuck's all of sudden. The boy couldn't control the girl as he wasn't her anymore. She did everything on her own but the way she did things was the way Donghyuck did it before when he pretended to be her. It was almost as if Donghyuck's created persona became alive. That was when Donghyuck encountered Donsgook. Yet he didn't know that it happened.

The boy thought everything was normal because he had no idea that it was happening to him. Dongsook usually came out when Johnny visited as Donghyuck got dressed in girly clothes and that intentionally invited the girl to come out. Meanwhile, Donghyuck was always with Taeyong. But sometimes Dongsook wanted to see Taeyong too. At those times Taeyong thought Donghyuck was just playing, so he played along with his boy too.

When Donghyuck grew older, during biology class he found about Dissociative Identity Disorder. He thought it was an interesting thing at first but didn't know that he was encountering that himself. It said that person could have multiple personalities but Donghyuck didn't think that Dongsook was his other alter because he truly believed that he was Dongsook himself when he needed to (not that Dongsook had her mind on her own). He missed the fact that it had been so long since he had to pretend to be a girl.

Unfortunately for Donghyuck, he found out it the worst way possible. It happened when accidentally shifted to Dongsook in school. He got a bad grade from his science project and got so mad and emotional he unintentionally gave the path to Dongsook. The girl got scared as she didn't remember getting to school and ran somewhere to hide. She chose the girls' bathroom but was pushed out because of her appearance (she looked like Donghyuck). Dongsook didn't know why other girls wanted her to go to the boys' bathroom when she was also a girl!

They pushed her inside the boys' bathroom and the poor girl faced a mirror for the first time. Well, she knew the mirrors existed. But she didn't see her looking like that before. It was her first time seeing her without any dresses or wigs. She looked like a boy. That was how she interpreted it. Not Donghyuck, but a boy. She didn't know Donghyuck existed.

Dongsook got startled when another boy came in and went to the urinal. She was shocked to see those strange objects in the boys' bathroom but was even more shocked when the boy began unbuckling his pants. Dongsook's face was red when she ran to the first cubicle, slamming the door and hiding her face into her palms.

"Are you okay in there?" the guy asked, knocking on the door.

"Y-yes," Dongsook answered in her usual voice, unaware of what Donghyuck was sounding like. "I'm okay."

"Huh? Why are you sounding like that?" the boy questioned.

Dongsook realized that it was the problem the way she was talking. But she didn't know how else to talk.

"Is your uncle in town?"

Dongsook didn't know what to say. She didn't like to talk to strangers and tell her personal information, especially to boys.