seventeen.

better man 5 seconds of summer
"with your love, im a better man."

ashton slowed down his car as we reached what id assumed was his house.

i hadnt actually ever been here before, hed only ever picked me up from my house and dropped me back.

it looked exactly like what you picture any family home to be. two stories, blue siding, white shutters.

it was adorable, but i would have never drove by and thought it was ashtons.

he shut off the car and walked around to open my door.

"you excited?" he asked as he helped me down with his hand.

"yeah," i answered, taking a deep breath. "i just hope youre right in saying shell like me."

"shes gonna love you," he said, closing my door behind me.

we walked up the path to his front door hand-in-hand. when we reached the door, he let go of me, digging his keys out to unlock the door.

he twisted the key in the knob, pushing the door open, holding it for me to follow in.

i stepped inside, taking in all my surroundings. there wasnt a single part of this house that wasnt welcoming. the walls were happy colors. photos of ashton and his mom all through the house. i figured out why ash always smelled of apple and mint, his house did too.

"were here!" ashton called as he closed the door behind us.

"ashton!" i heard a woman call.

i saw her stand up from the couch and start to walk over to us. she didnt look too old, but that may have just been her bursting personality and welcoming aura that followed her. "clairo! oh my gosh, youre prettier than i could have ever imagined!"

i tried not to blush as we kicked off out shoes, ashtons mom making her way over to us.

once she reached us, she wrapped ashton into a big hug. "hi mum," he said wrapping his arms back around her. "i missed you."

"where were you last night?" she pulled back.

"with clairo," ashton motioned to me. "she really needed me."

"hes not lying to me, is he clairo?" she turned to me.

"no, maam, he is not. i really did need him last night and he was there every moment i did," i said to her.

"oh please, just call me anne," she said. "and im glad he was there for you. thats what i tried to teach him to do."

"you raised him well, anne," i told her.

"im glad he treats you right," anne said.

she held out her arms to pull me into a hug. i stepped towards her, wrapping my arms back around her.

as soon as i felt her hands on my back, i jumped a little. i watched ashton concern grow as he watched my movements.

as soon as i saw him, any memory that was trying to flood back disappeared. i nodded to him, ensuring him that i was okay.

he just didnt know that he was the only reason i was.

anne broke our embrace. "how long are you two staying?" she asked, looking between ashton and i.

"i was just popping in to say hi, and grab some clothes," ashton told her. "clairo told me she was hungry earlier so i was gonna take her to get food."

"okay, fine, then ill let you guys go then," anne said. "youll just have to bring her back around some other time."

"thank you mum. i should be home tonight, if not ill actually text you this time," ashton told her, coxing me to follow him up the stairs.