eleven.

sweater weather the neighbourhood
"and all i am, is a man. i got my world, in my hands."

"okay, yellow," he said shutting off the car. "were here."

he pulled the key out of the ignition and looked over to me, "you excited still?"

"im excited to go anywhere you take me," i told him. "unless youre planning on murdering me or something, then im not so sure id be excited."

"i would never hurt you and you know that," he said as he climbed out of the car, making his way around to help me out.

he opened my door and held out his hand like he always did.

he closed my door behind me and began walking with me, hand in hand, towards lukes house. well, mansion.

"remember," he said as we reached the front door. "stay close so i can keep you safe."

i nodded to him. like i would want to be away from him anyways.

we walked in the front door, and unlike last time, the room was filled with more than just "ashton"s and "irwin"s. everyone i met last time was calling "clairo" too.

i dont really know how to describe it. i felt loved, like they were family away from home, but i just met them. i guess ashton was family and through him i was now too.

"whats up, mate?" ashton asked as he greeted luke, making his way around to calum and mikey.

i stood quietly as ashton greeting calum and michael until luke turned away from ashton to me, "whats up with you, clairo?"

it caught me off guard. like i said, it felt like family, but it felt like the family where you know they love you but you dont talk much.

"im good," i told luke. "happy to be here."

"were all happy youre here too," luke smiled.

like i said. family.

"clairo!" i heard calum call as ashton made his way to catch up with michael.

"where have you been? its been like four weeks!" he said as he wrapped me into a hug.

"no where really," i told him as he let me go.

"ill have to start telling ashton to bring you around more," calum said.

"yeah," luke chimmed in. "ashton, why dont you bring her to any of our band practices or anything?" he asked as ashton turned away from mikey.

"i dont know," he started as he walked back to me. "i didnt think shed want to come. all we do is sit around and spit out lyrics while mikey messes around with chords."

"yeah," calum started. "but im sure she would have fun as long as she was around you."

"plus, im pretty damn fun," luke chimmed in.

"and i write killer chords," mikey joined.

i tried to hide my smile because calum was right. it didnt matter what i was doing with him, it made me feel alive.

"what do you think, yellow?" he asked as he wrapped his arm around my waist from behind.

"i didnt even know you were in a band," i said looking up at him. "but id love to join sometime."

"i swear i told you," ashton said confused. "maybe i just told you about the songs i wrote and not that i actually play them."

"yeah," i agreed. "you told me you wrote songs and played the drums, i just didnt know you were in a band."