⑰ THE OLD FRIEND

▶Damien◀

- "So there's furs with suspicions about us?" I asked on the car ride to school.

- "Well, yes. A couple of my... quote on quote, "friends", have been pestering me about hanging around you. They don't scare me but.. They could do some damage." Said Noah. I nodded and hummed in agreement.

We reached the high school parking lot. I pulled my gray hoodie over my head, just so I'm not... Noticed as easily.
I slipped my hands through and reached to his backseat for my bag. That's when I noticed that Noah was gazing at me.
My face started to heat but I kept it cool.. Well, tried.

- "What?" I asked as if HE was the weird one.

- "Something about that.. Hoodie. The plain gray.. It goes with your fur pretty nicely.. It's cute." He said as he inspected me longer.

I blushed harder and as if I felt I was about to explode, I started little muffled giggles, then it grew louder. Soon I was cracking up in my seat.

- "Jesus Noah, you really look at the small details in life, huh?" I said, stepping out of the car with my eyes locked on his.

"What's that supposed to mean?" He grinned, mimicking my actions and stepping out of the car and looking at me over the roof.

I just chuckled it off and walked to his side. I put my arms around his neck and smiled.

- "I hope I.. Well... WE survive today. The first day back is always the hardest." I half-joked, he snicker and looked down at me.

He wasn't TOO tall, but a good two or three inches.

- "Don't worry about it, hun. Nothing's gonna happen. For that... incident with you and those jackasses happen again, you and I are transferring." He said.

I chuckled, but he seemed totally serious.

- "Yea, sure.. And when did you start calling me <<hun>>?" I asked.

- "What, you don't like it?" He said sarcastically.

- "No, I like it.. I guess. It makes me feel like the mother here, ya know?" I hummed.

- "Well, maybe one day it'll be like that." He chuckled.

- "Woah, too soon!" I giggled. I hugged him in a tight embrace, he wrapped his arms around my waist and hugged back.

- "We better get going before someone sees us." He said, snapping me back to reality.

- "Huh.... Oh.... Oh! That would be bad." I snickered and started walking inside. He firmly grabbed my paw and spun me around, looking into my eyes.

- "Be careful, alright?" He said in a serious tone. And he calls ME the mother..

- "Yes, yes, I know. You worry too much about me." I jokingly replied. He then pulled me in for a kiss, right on the end of my muzzle. Sadly, it only lasts a few seconds.

- "I have every reason to be." He said, and I hummed. We then slowly walked to the entrance side by side. I badly wanted to hold paws but I knew why it was a bad idea. And he did too.

- "Alright, what's your first-hour class?" Asked Noah.

- "Band, it's either a jazz band or a regular band every morning," I replied. And as if on cue, the first-hour bell rings.

- "Alrighty, come find me for lunch. Stay safe!" He says and starts to walk off. Oh my god... Seriously.

"Noah!" I yell. His ear perks and he spins around. He gives me a "Shat?" Expression. Jeez... This guy.