⑤ THE BAND

▶Damien◀

I woke up and felt rather... Excited.. For once. Last night was pretty successful if I say so myself. I was combing my fur when I thought of something fun I could do today.. I giggled to myself at the thought, I can't wait to tell him.. Drove to school with a mischievous chuckle. Maybe a call wouldn't hurt.

▶Noah◀

I was groggily pulling a shirt over my head when my phone went off in my jeans. I jumped and tripped over myself, still blinded from my shirt. Popped my head through the collar and fetched my phone from my pocket. I lied flat on the floor and flipped it open

- " H-Hello?..." I said with a tired voice. I didn't see who was calling so I hoped this wasn't an important call.

- " Noah!.. Don't be late this time! I have a good idea.." Damien ! I hopped up and started grabbing my things.

- "Hhm... Okay.. What's up? " I tried to sound casual. Do not show weakness infront of him..

- " Well...I know you still can't exactly... Play yet. But I don't want you to be embarrassed in front of the class.. Soo.... How about we both play at the same time? I'll lead if I have to, but I'll show something simple to start with.. How does that sound?", I could tell he was excited.

- " Hhm... I...." Should I do it?.. Nothing could go wrong, right? " Yea... That sounds cool.. I'm on my way "

- He paused " G-Good!.. Don't be late this time!.." I chuckled but he hung up before I could reply. So I grabbed the drumsticks he gave me and drove off.

▶Damien◀

Oooohhh... This is gonna be fun.. I don't know what I'm gonna do. But I'm gonna make it work. I ran into the classroom early as usual and gazed into the trap set, wondering what I'm gonna do.
My thoughts were interrupted by the bell and I got a bit nervous. I saw Noah walk in quite early this time, so I waved to him to quickly get over here. Let's try to work this out.

▶Noah◀

I had... absolutely no idea what I was doing. He told me to try a simple beat with the high-hat and snare. I was still a bit confused when we started playing.
I...seemed to drag the class down because well.. I wasn't doing so well. But whenever that happened, Damien giggled and took over. Speeding things back up and getting the energy back to the class.
Ugh...he was too good at this. I guess you could say I was jealous.. But it didn't bother me to much because well...it was Damien
By the time class ended. I lost count of how many times I lost track. Got some scowls from furs as they left the class so I lowered my ears and hung my head. Yea... Nothing could go wrong. I was about to leave when something...clung onto me from behind. I was about to go into a defensive stance when I realized who it was. I could feel myself blush a bit, but he didn't seem to care.

 I could feel myself blush a bit, but he didn't seem to care

- " Good job!.. I'm honestly proud of you..!" He said with such enthusiasm.

It made me feel... Glad.. Like, all the looks from the other furs meant nothing.. Dammit.. I was doing it again..

- " Uhm... T-Thanks bro..." I chuckled a little and he hopped off to grab his things.

- " S-See you tomorrow..!" He stuttered. I could tell he was embarrassed.

Maybe... It is not a bad thing that I like him. Perhaps, things could work out. I smiled a bit at the thought and walked out.

▶Damien◀

Oh god...

I hope that wasn't too much.. Nah, no-one saw me.. or US...

I started to have a mini panic attack.. I hope he doesn't..HATE...me now. No. You're fine! Just... finish the day. I'll text him tonight like it didn't happen.

I got home and flopped flat on the bed. Maybe now would be a good time. I pulled out my phone and texted Noah.

"Yo. " was all I could think of.

I just wanted to make sure he was still.. Okay.. With me.

He didn't- respond so I started on homework. An hour and a half later he didn't respond. I started to get nervous. He hates me I bet.. I need to calm down...

Some Xbox wouldn't hurt? I grabbed my controller and looked through my friendlist...
Hmm... Gabe was on Minecraft... Hunter was on Minecraft as well. Might as well join them. Yeah, I know.. I'm in Highschool and I still play Minecraft...Deal with it!
I joined them both and was pulling out a map when I was suddenly kicked from the game.
What?.. What did I do? I texted Hunter what happened. And I got a reply soon enough which made my spirits drop hard.

- "We don't want you here" was all the text said. I stood there in awe and I feared I had done something wrong.

- " Why?" Was all I sent back. Can't be anything major right? I was horribly wrong.

- " It's obvious, you are a faggot. Go away!"

W-What...? No.. Do they know...? Do they know I'm gay? They shouldn't.. I needed to confirm this.

- "What do you mean?" I sent it. And this shook me up hard. Instead of replying, they deleted me. Completely..

Fuck! No! This can't be happening! I bet the whole school knows by now. Feels like I'm going to throw up. But instead. I start crying..

Then throwing things. I even broke my Xbox, which made me feel worse about myself. This day was going so well!!!
Now it's gone to shit!!! I stuffed my face into my pillow and cried for a whole hour. I was... Scared.. No, not scared, terrified. I soon cried myself to sleep without even eating dinner. And without a reply from Noah..