② THE CALL

▶Damien◀

Found myself staring into his picture throughout the day, as I got told by multiple teachers to pay attention while doing class when I was caught gazing away. I'd try to hide my blush and play it off like it was normal. I finally got out of school and I silently cheered to myself. I walked over to my car and went back home. I was so excited to meet this person! The paper had his phone number on it! So, I knew exactly what I would be doing when I got home. I will call him! Pulled in the driveway and noticed...
Nobody was home. My ears were perked up in excitement. This was perfect! Nobody to bother me. I put my backpack onto the sofa and ran up into my room with my phone.
Pulled out the paper and dialed the numbers.
Apparently his name was " Noah ".
But before I could press CALL I started to have some second thoughts.
"What am I going to say..." I mumbled. I ran my paw through my head fur and took a deep breath. I pressed CALL and raised it to my ear. It ranged for about 15 or so seconds. I was about to give up when I heard the sound of someone picking up the call. I gasped and waited for a voice..

- "Hey!", was all I could've heard from him. The way he sounded, he made me fall in love again.
- "Uhhh... I-Is this... N-Noah?.." I was able to stutter it out.. This is going downhill very fast. There was a brief pause, and I feared he hung up.

- "Yes..? Who are you?.." He said, and I froze..

- " My name is Damien, and I uh... I've heard you were joining our Jazz band.. " I said and my mind went blank..

- " Oh yes! I am!.. Are you in it too?..", he asked. I could see he was excited about it. Which made me chuckle a little bit, but I cut myself off.

- " Well yeah.. I was told you're joining the Percussion part of it with me. And I was told to give you a call to let you know about it... You know..".
Damn it, that was stupid. I could tell he was thinking of something to say.

- " O-Oh I see.. Well, I look forward to being taught by you I guess.." His voice trailed off.

- " Y-Yea!.. Listen.. I'll see you tomorrow, so be ready..!". I tried to sound a little bossy since he is learning from me after all.
Could see him giggle a little on the other end but he cut himself off with a cough to try and hide it. Could not really see, just noticed that in his tone.

- "Yea... okay. nice to meet you.. Damien, see you!..". And he hung up.
I blushed as he said that last sentence.
Turned off my phone and plopped backwards on my bed as I stared up at the ceiling for a moment before I hugged myself and giggled happily.

" Mission accomplished..." I thought to myself.

▶Noah◀

" That was rather nice of him.." I said to myself. I had a warm fuzzy feeling and I had hung up.
I've went to the kitchen and looked through the school directory I was given and I searched through the Juniors for anyone called " Damien ".
I had eventually found a rather... Small white and green fox.

"He's the drummer..?" I chuckled as I looked at the photo before I noticed I was staring. I was told it was wrong to be gay. So... I try my best to deny that thought. I shut the book and put it away, I smelled my fur as I shut the drawer.

" I need a shower.." I sighed.. I hate showers, but a wolf needs to stay clean, am I right?

As I turned the water on, I started thinking of that little fox. I started to smile before I caught myself falling for him again and I splashed some water in my face. What am I doing? I need to stop thinking about these things.. I stepped out and brushed my fur a little for a while, as I headed to my room, I sat on my bed and got lost in thought. I decided to text him just to get it off my mind so I can sleep.

" Hey, I've just remembered, do you have a pair of drumsticks that I can use for tomorrow?"

I clicked send. He didn't reply for a while so I started to doze off.. Right when I was about to fall into the void of sleep, I was awoken rudely by my phone. I groaned and flipped it open.

" Don't worry, I gotcha covered! "

I smiled and closed my phone then glanced at the time on my phone. It read 12AM. I go into my room and close the door behind me. My room is painted light orange, they say it's helping to reduce stress. I lay down on my bed, almost immediately falling asleep.