Chapter Eighteen

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN:

Taehyung was nervous. He was nervous, and he was determined. He was determined to show Jungkook a deeper part of himself, a part that not many were accustomed to knowing. A piece of himself that reporters would love to get their hands on and spread to the world like wildfire. A fire that would kill Taehyung and any last drop of hope he had in regaining his title as an artist if they were to light it. Taehyung was nervous.

He was filled with anxiety at the thought of hurting Jungkook and his daughter. At the fear of this information being leaked. But he knows Jungkook...at least he thinks he knows him...he has a good feeling about him. Rationally, he doesn't believe the younger would ever do something that wasn't in his best interest. The boy who tended to ramble and cared more than enough for his daughter wouldn't hurt Taehyung, he would understand what he's going through. But would he be able to protect himself and his daughter from getting hurt?

Taehyung knew as he sat on his couch, waiting for the doorbell to ring, or a knock on the door to resonate through the penthouse, that he was very capable of hurting Jungkook and his daughter. He doesn't think Yoongi understood him when they talked earlier that day. He didn't believe that Taehyung could ever hurt the younger. But Taehyung knows. He knows what his mind is capable of, and he's aware of how easily it can take over his body, his actions, his words.

There will be times where Taehyung can't get out of bed, or respond to people. Jungkook is a very amicable person, he loves interacting with others and is overall an extrovert in nature. Taehyung knows that silencing himself, isolating Jungkook from his life during these times could really affect the younger. Maybe he'd get the wrong idea and think he's being ignored- which is why he's telling him his story in the first place- or maybe he'll just get tired of it, and move on to another person who isn't as depressing. He'd like to think the tattoo artist is a better person than that...but they haven't known each other for that long...he can't exactly be sure.

Aside from that, there are times frustration gets the best of him, and he lashes out. He says-or rather yells-regrettable things at Yoongi which he then beats himself up for and later apologizes, but it doesn't make it right. His best friend may say it doesn't matter, it didn't hurt him and he knows he didn't mean it, but Taehyung understands that his words have an effect on people. They hurt them. And that's another way he could hurt Jungkook.

His last reason, although he could very well come up with more, is that kids easily attach to people, and their emotions are fragile. Their whole entire life is shaped by the way they are raised, the times they experience, whether they be good or bad. And he knows if he hurts her father enough, or she gets too attached and they have a falling out, he'll hurt Jieun. The innocent girl who's too smart for her age. If things go south for the two men, he won't be able to see his daughter again, and there's a possibility she would be crushed. He knows how young children are, he was one. And he doesn't want to hurt them.

Cutting into his worried thoughts was a knock on the door. Taehyung made sure his oversized hoodie was pulled down far enough on his arms to cover the majority of his hand, and hurried over to the door, opening it to a smiling Jungkook.

He looked good, was Taehyung's initial thought. He wasn't checking him out or anything, he knew this wasn't the time, but he couldn't help but sweep a quick glance over his appearance, taking in the grey joggers and tight black vneck that showed off the thorny roses that traveled down his neck, and covered his arm, and his signature long hair that was pulled back into-

Pigtails. Taehyung snorted a small laugh as he bit back on his smile. His first real smile that he was trying to hide as to not come off as offensive.

Jungkook deflated into a sigh and reached a hand to his hair, brushing down the braided pigtails as he toyed with one of the purple hair ties. "I was teaching Jieun how to braid pigtails...I guess I forgot to take them out," he explained while looking down in embarrassment. "I'll take them out, sorry-"