Chapter Nineteen

CHAPTER NINETEEN:

Check up

Physical therapy
Jungkook's house

Check up
Physical therapy
Jungkook's house

Check up
Physical therapy
Jungkook's house

Taehyung was repeating today's schedule in his head as if it were a mantra. Is it because he doesn't want to forget or is he trying to calm his nerves? Taehyung doesn't know. But it seems to be working for whatever purpose it may hold.

It had been several days since Jungkook was at Taehyung's house. Jungkook texted just about every day, checking up on him and telling him how excited Jieun is for Sunday...today.

The tattoo parlor tends to be very busy on Fridays and Saturdays with all the college kids wanting tattoos to start off their weekend, so they decided Sunday would be best, since the shop is closed anyways.

Today, Taehyung and Yoongi were going to his check up with Dr. Jung, Hoseok, and Taehyung's mind was made on setting them up for a date. He was tired of seeing his best friend only care for him. He needed time for himself and to have a little fun. Hoseok could let him have fun.

After his check up he'd be going to physical therapy, Yoongi usually drops him off since Taehyung doesn't like him to see him struggle, so he'll see Dr. Kim alone.

And finally, he'll be going to Jungkook's house. He was nervous to be alone with the younger but he was also excited to see his little girl again. He loves how smart she is and creative as well. If he remembers correctly from last time, they planned on baking cookies...so at least he'll have something to distract him with if all goes wrong.

***

"Taehyung, Yoongi, it's great to see you both, as always!" The happy doctor greeted them as they stepped into his cold office.

"You as well, Dr. Jung," Taehyung said courteously, Yoongi nodding his head in agreement.

But the doctor wasn't amused. He raised his eyebrows, expecting something, waiting for Taehyung to correct himself.
He chuckled "Hoseok."

"Better," he smiled before gesturing Taehyung to sit on the normal uncomfortable bed that was covered in paper. He always cringed when he sat, disturbed by the crinkling that came with it.

"How are you," he asked Taehyung sincerely. The last time he had seen him, Taehyung was curled up in bed, unresponsive to his surroundings. And Yoongi wasn't much better.

"I'm doing a lot better." He meant it, and showed his sincerity through a closed mouth smile that traveled to his eyes.

"I'm glad," he nodded, and turned to Yoongi. "And how about you? Are you well?"

"I'm good," he answered. Taehyung rolled his eyes at how bland he sounded from his seat against the wall and scoffed, earning a surprised glance from the two others in the room.

"Yoongi would be better if you two went on a date. Isn't that right, Yoongs?"

Tomato. Fire truck. Apple. All words to describe how red Yoongi's cheeks were turning as he attempted to glare at Taehyung and hide his face at the same time.

Although caught off guard, Hoseok replied with a small laugh, "Well, I think I would be better if that happened too."

Taehyung raised his eyebrows, knowing that was the case. With a smug smirk he replied, "Oh really? Did you hear that, Yoongi? Hoseok would also feel better!" He received only a glare from the small man.