i. - settling in

Ren·ais·sance

/ˈrenəˌsäns/

" a revival or renewed interest "

September 1, 1995
Friday

h.s.

Another year, another first day of Julie and I waiting for Stella and Flynn to get on the platform.

"You'd think after six years, they'd have it to a science," Julie says as she looks at her watch for the tenth time in the past minute,"They get slower every year."

It was true. Last year, they got there ten minutes before the train was taking off..now, it was about eight minutes 'til and I was trying my hardest not to freak out.

"Maybe next year they'll miss it," I began tapping my foot on the floor, the sound echoing across the empty space,"Good thing I won't be here to anxiously wait anymore."
I bumped my shoulder onto Julie's in a joking way and she gave me a slight grin but she looked even more worried as the seconds ticked on.

Julie messed with her blue and bronze striped tie that signified that she was in Ravenclaw, the same house I resided in as well, rolling and tugging at it with anxiety until she suddenly perked up,"Finally!"

I looked in the direction of where she was staring and saw Stella and Flynn in their early morning glory. Yet, they somehow still looked fabulous as they ran across the platform with a quickness I was shocked to see from them.

"We're coming!" Flynn announced, scaring some of the first years she was zooming by. Flynn got to us first with Stella walking behind, dragging her feet about a hundred feet before but Flynn never noticed.

"You do know we have," I looked at my watch,"six minutes to get on the train, right?"

"At least we got here quicker than Fred and George."

That was very true and I was concerned to look around and not see them anywhere in sight,"Well, damn it."

"Should you go find them?" Stella asked worriedly like she knew what I was thinking..they were off somewhere causing trouble to who knows what.

I shrugged,"I may be Head Girl but Fred and George aren't my territory, remember?" I had learnt my lesson with dealing with them but at least they knew now that if I told them to stop, they'd instantly stop due to..certain circumstances.

"Yeah but-"

"Guys," Julie whined and we all turned to her,"we have four minutes, we have to go."

We nodded as they waited for me to go first, apparently they treated me like I was royalty since I was bestowed with the title of Head Girl over the summer but it still made me roll my eyes every time they insisted, in a sarcastic way, that I go first or they always have to open doors for me or just anything that was done for the Queen every time we hung out during summer break.

Today was no different as I groaned and they followed like ducks in a row behind me.

We entered the train, found their compartment, and I turned around,"Okay, I have to go to the Head Girl and Boy compartment since we're about take off so I'll see you guys when we get to Hogwarts."