xii. - christmas with a murderer and a dragon tamer

can·dor

/ˈkandər/

"the quality of being open and honest in expression; frankness."

December 23, 1995
Saturday

s.g.

So, funny story. Hera and I almost didn't make it here.

Harry had to leave the school earlier before the train left. I didn't know he did, so when Hera and I got on the train, we both stood there like lost puppies. Luckily, but also for some weird reason, Laddie happened to be going to the same place.

His eyes had been red. I wanted to reach out and ask if he was okay, but I didn't and let him explain the existence of the Order of the Phoenix and how his family was staying at the same place as Professor Lupin. He didn't know why Harry had left early either.

Then, just to get to the set of flats we're currently at, we had to go on this death trap called the night bus. I never want to go on it again.

Now, Laddie, Hera, and I are all standing outside said set of flats.

Hera was growing impatient. "Which flat is it?"

"Just wait," Laddie directed.

"I don't want to wait, Ladan. I'm cold."

"Well, you have to wait."

Hera groaned and I started tapping my foot. I could only hope I didn't look as nervous as I felt. My stomach was a whirlpool, and I knew my senses had been heightened.

I started popping my fingers out of habit next. The cracking of them was loud, even with the wind and the pedestrians. It earned me a glare from Laddie.

"Why were you upset on the train?" I ended up asking. If he didn't want to tell me, he wouldn't, but I care about him to ask.

"Alex and I broke up."

I wasn't surprised. I could tell it was coming. I wrapped my right arm around Laddie and pulled him into a side hug. His body heat was comforting in the cold, honestly. "Are you okay?"

Laddie laid his head on mine. "Yeah. If he doesn't want me, there's no point in making him stay."

He wrapped his arm around my shoulder. "If you need anything, you'll let me know, yeah?"

"That's so sad," Hera added. "But which one is the damn flat Ladan!" She was getting very annoyed.

"I said you have to wait!" Laddie threw back.

Hera groaned and kicked snow at us.

"Girl, don't test me-" I threatened, but then the flats started to split apart.

That was definitely a magical house. I watched as a new flat was revealed. Number twelve. All the neighbors that I could see through the windows seemed unfazed by the movement of their own flats.

"That's something I thought I'd never see," I commented and followed Laddie and Hera to the door.

"What do you think we look like to the muggles right now?" Hera asked.

Laddie shrugged and knocked on the door. "Not sure."

"Who's all here-" I got cut off by the door opening and Hera practically jumping on the person who opened it.