"So your back together?" She asks me as she notices Tommy sat on Monaghan Boy. "We are, I think we'll be okay now," I smile as she reaches her hands out to Star, stroking her face gently.

"You hurt her like that again Thomas and you'll find out how much I'll go to keep my Evie happy," Jane says, not looking at him but at Star.

"I'll let you eat your dinner, look after yourself," I laugh, kissing her cheek.

Once she shuts the door I mount Star again and nudge her over to Tommy.

***

I laugh as Tommy and Monaghan Boy go zooming past us, Star refusing to go any faster than a canter. "I win," Tommy smugly says as he halts Monaghan Boy.

"Star still did good, didn't you girl?" I say, patting her neck and dismounting her as we reach the trough.

I help Tommy with untacking the horses and leading them to their stalls before shutting Star's stall door and giving her a kiss goodnight.

"Come on," Tommy says, taking my hand.

"We going to the Garrison?" I ask. "No, we're going to your house," he says. "You can help me cook dinner for us then," I say, making him nod.

We walk in peaceful silence back to my house, Tommy unlocking the door and letting me in first before shutting it and taking his hat and coat off.

"What are we making?" He asks, taking off his suit jacket and placing it on the back of his chair. "Shepherds pie," I say, getting the stuff out once I've kicked my heels off and placed my coat on its hook.

"Wash your hands first," I say before we can touch anything. I huff when he takes his time rolling up his sleeves, drying my hands on a tea towel and peeling the carrots.

"Look at us, doing normal people stuff," he laughs as he flicks water into my face. I giggle and wipe it off, flicking the peeled skin of a carrot at his face.

"Don't touch that! Not until after dinner," I slap his hand away from the pie and move it further away from us.

***

Once dinner and dessert had been eaten (not all of the dessert) we were swaying in my living room since Tommy had put a record on.

"Evie," Tommy says, breaking the almost silence.

"Yes?"

"I've something to say to you," he says, keeping his arms around my waist as mine stay wrapped around his neck.

"We belong together, I belong to you and you belong with me, alright? Don't let anyone tell you otherwise," his hands come up to cup my blushing cheeks as he pecks my lips.

"I love you," he whispers as he rests his forehead against mine.

"I love you too," I smile, kissing him.

It soon grows more heated as our tongues dance together, his obviously leading. One of his hands comes to cup the back of my head as the other stays on my cheek. I move one of mine to play with the ends of his hair and nip at his lip.

"Jump," he mumbles against my lips, wrapping his arm around my waist once I do.

Our lips stay attached as he carefully goes up the stairs and to my bedroom, placing me on my small table and standing between my legs.

He detaches our lips and begins peppering kisses down my jaw to my neck and I tilt my head to give him more access.

"We'e got to stop before I won't be able to," Tommy whispers as he places his forehead against mine, allowing air into his lungs.

"I'm ready," I quietly say, making his eyes widen.

"Are you sure?" He asks, making me smile. "I am, I wouldn't have it any other way."

He attaches our lips again and picks me up, carrying me to the bed and laying me down gently.

"I love you," he whispers against my neck. "And I love you," I reply, running my hands through his hair.