Part 2

Listen only to me Jisoo, I'll guide you to glory...

Staring at her reflection, she watched as the red streak across her left pupil faded. Meta, rarely spoke to her. But over the past few days, as they gathered supporters from town to town, speckles of dialogue between them occurred. The feeling of its occurrence was a strange sensation. First, her vision would blur, mostly only in one eye. Then, it would feel as though she was pushed towards the back of her mind, forced to share the space inside herself with...something else.

Meta. That is how the voice first introduced itself. It made itself known, during a bout of self-doubt she experienced after a horde within a town they visited vehemently denied all they preached she was. They were forest folk, who were passing through. Called her and her entourage blasphemers for defiling ancient beliefs. She wasn't the Spirit of Meta, they shouted. She wouldn't save them, and she held no power to end the cycles of war that bereft the kingdom.

Their words tore through her. Though Kai and the others quickly dispersed of them. And the lines of people who bowed before her for blessing, rebuked their angered sentiments. She still returned to the possibility of their words. It was then, in the growing swamp of self-doubt, that Meta spoke to her directly. Assured her that those forest folks were blinded by centuries of lies. That she in fact, truly was the chosen one. There was a knock on the door.

"Princess, the carriages are ready. We shall be riding out to the next town after breakfast," said Max.

"Thank you," she replied and heard his footsteps fade. Facing the mirror, she looked into her eyes. The Spirit of Meta was in her. Its voice was evidence enough. Lips parting into a wide smile, she fixed her hair and exited the bathroom.

Chaeyoung added more bacon on to Jennie's plate and refilled her cup of tea. Jennie ate up greedily, having forgotten how well of a cook her love truly was. Placing a strand of brunette hair behind her ear, Chaeyoung kissed her temple and reached for two more pancakes.

"So, what is it you need to tell me Jen?"

"Mmyommstrmmt," munched Jennie.

Giggling, she cut a large chunk of her pancakes and placed them in her mouth, "Mtsmmmiggdonmmttemmknow," she replied.

"Mmbbmggmymno," said Jennie.

"Mmmmm," nodded Chaeyoung, chewing on her food. Swallowing she burst out laughing as Jennie rolled her eyes at her.

"I said," began Jennie, "I don't know where to start."

"Oh yeah, that's exactly what I heard," she chuckled feeling a smack on her shoulder, "Begin with anything you like love," Chaeyoung kissed her cheek, "I'm listening."

Placing down her utensils, Jennie leaned back in her seat, arms crossed and face pensive, "We're going to war Chae. Lisa and I tried our best to talk Jisoo out of it. But it was useless. She feels too betrayed."

"Who can blame her," said Chaeyoung, "The throne was believed to be hers all her life. Moreover," she paused, "Jisoo not only just lost a mother but a father as well."

"That is true," said Jennie, "And that worries me most. She hardly speaks about it. Her mother's death. Her father not really being her father. It's as if all her energy is being zoned in on taking the throne. And now she's under the impression that she can end all conflict within the realm. If it wasn't for those people whispering things into her head," Jennie shook her head, "I honestly don't know what's going on with her."

"What of the war love? Where do you stand?"

"I...I'm going to aid Jisoo. I made an oath to be a part of her council and I'll keep to it. I've informed my mothers. Neither took the decision well. I have no clue how things will turn out and we hardly have any resources. But...despite everything, I truly do believe Jisoo can bring some semblance of stability to the kingdom," she looked at Chaeyoung, "What of you love?"