Part 2

"That was definitely E'dawn," said Dahyun as she paced in the room. Jaehyun looked up from the thick book, and took off his glasses, "We should go back there, ask some questions."

"Dayday," Jaehyun stood up.

"And why is he in a monastery? A novice monk?" Jaehyun rubbed her arms, hoping it would calm her down. He smiled as he placed a kiss on her cheek.

"I don't think that's a good idea," he said.

"There's more going on here Jae," Dahyun frowned.

Jaehyun nodded, "That's true," his eyes lowered, "However, we can't rush in there and just ask him. Atleast we know where he is now."

"And what of Hyuna?" asked Dahyun, "She must not be far If he's here."

"I'm sure she isn't. But still, I think seeing him is more than enough information. Let's leave it at that and instead focus on this," he pointed at the large book and the black and pink book next to it, "Come help me translate this. We might be able to get some sentences together before we need to leave," he held her hand and she nodded begrudgingly as he led her back to the table.

Nina frowned as Kai shook his head, "Why wouldn't he tell us?"

"I don't know," said Kai and looked over to Tulip, "So Koben and Tschlone didn't know either?"

"No," said Tulip, "Koben is gambling at one of the inns and Tshlone is in his quarters."

"This is odd," said Nina.

Kai sighed, "Either way, preparations for the princess are going well. How are things going here," he looked over at Cobalt, who seemed to be tinkering with one of his devices.

Nina peered at Tulip whose head had lowered, "It's going," she said, "Colby over there is loving the process," she walked to Tulip and sat next to her, "Which is producing results. We've tested it out,"

"But it still needs more testing," added Tulip.

"And finding the needed candidates for that takes time. But after a few more rounds, it should be ready for a real run through. Right Colby?" Nina looked to him and so did Kai who saw him give a thumbs up.

"Do you think we'll gain an opportunity to do that though?" asked Tulip, "Get a real run-through for it."

"I think we will," said Kai, "Again we will just need to be patient, The Spirit of Meta will provide," he said and the smiled at that.

"Alright then," clapped Nina, "Hopefully we'll figure out why YG kept this meeting to himself."

"Thank you," smiled Kai, "I-I wanted to ask...as he returned by any chance?" Tulip looked at him in confusion, but Nina immediately understood.

"No Kai, he has not. And I don't think he will," she answered.

"I see," his eyes turned sad, "Alright then, thank you. And please do stay safe, I'll be heading back now."

"Stay safe as well, "said Nina and they watched him leave. Sighing deeply as he leaned against the door, Kai grimaced. It was foolish of him to think that he would have come back, even momentarily, let alone tell anyone of it.

"Where are you," he whispered, and the thoughts of the past weighed. Lifting himself he began to walk back. When he reached the staircase, he heard a rattle. Twisting he scanned behind him but saw nothing. Waiting, he thought he heard another noise, but it didn't return. Turning he continued his way upstairs and left the building towards the inn.