Part 1

7 years later...

Gasping frantically Chae hugged her body as it shook violently. The distorted faces were scattered across the blackness and it seemed as though they were laughing at her. Sweat dripped across her as she waited for it to subside. What felt like an eternity later, the faces disappeared and all she saw again was the blackness.

Slumping her arms down, they fell weakly on either side of her. Rolling her tongue round in her mouth she could taste the dryness. Picking herself up, she knew she needed water. Planting her feet down, she chose to leave her cane. But not even three steps forward she tripped over something and fell face first.

"Urgh," she groaned as the door suddenly opened. Clicking the light on Hyuna saw that the room was a disaster. All the objects were splayed across, the paintings had split in half and all the vintage silverware were shattered.

"Did you have another episode?" asked Hyuna seeing Chae's sweat-soaked clothes. The 12-year old nodded weakly.

"I...I'm sorry Hyuna," she apologised as Hyuna pulled her into a hug.

"It's okay sweetheart. Don't cry," encouraged Hyuna as she patted Chae through her sniffles. Wiggling her two fingers, Hyuna cast a spell and everything returned to their normal state.

"Come, let's get you cleaned up," she said and whizzed Chae's cane to her and helped her up.

"Thank you Hyuna...for everything," whispered Chae as they made their way to the bathroom.

"It appears things are escalating," sighed Bria her eyes peering out the window. Guards were scattered all over the palace. She watched as commands were barked out.

"Though I hate to say it but the midlanders are within in reason about some of their opinions," said June as he walked up behind her.

"Still though," Bria shifted her eyes to him, "this war is becoming a nuisance."

"What can we do. Eon didn't want to listen. It should've been expected that the western section would want to ally with the midlanders. They've had far longer ties together than with the throne," he walked back to the table.

"What are we going to do about it?" she turned to him.

"We will just have to wait things out. However, Jimin has been gaining quite a lot of traction amongst the ranks," said June.

"It's to be expected. His expedition on the Trove battle was well led for a vice sergeant," said Bria.

"True. But that level of cavalry could cause future disruptions for us," he clicked his knuckles.

"That boy has no interest in the throne June," Bria looked out the window again. She was certain Jimin wanted nothing more than to go back to his childhood village.

"It doesn't matter what he wants," continued June, "It's a matter of what powerful people around him wants. And many field commanders are already impressed with him and he hasn't even graduated yet."

"He was granted his legitimate status two months ago and now there is already speculation that he should be the rightful heir," finished June. Bria turned back with angry eyes.

"Jisoo is the rightful successor to the throne!" sternness filled her voice.

"I know that. Many of our political allies know that. But there are others who disagree," argued June.