Reflections

((Woah! I'm back! I figured I would give finishing this story a shot. It's been 3 years since I've wrote for it, so please have patience with me!

If you like, please consider showing the story some love! Thank you and I hope you guys like what I come up with! ))

Before I knew it, we were out.

Another killed, another killer. I'll never forget the horrified looks on everyone's faces when we found Nekomaru's body in grape tower. Another trial, another blackened, another execution, all passing by in a blur. And to think Gundham had it in him... it was all too much to handle.

Next thing I knew, I was laying face up in my cabin, staring vacantly at the white ceiling above me. While the events of the class trial were heavy on my mind, there was something else weighing on my conscience.

Well, two things. Two people, in fact.

I sat up and quickly got dressed, deciding there was no use in laying around and dwelling on it. But still, how could I ignore the feelings I had for both of them? Memories flooded my mind of compliments exchanged, warm embraces and the kisses we shared. My face grew hot as I flung myself out of the cabin, immediately being exposed to the blaring island sun.

I began to walk to the hotel, our morning meeting spot since the very beginning. Once inside, I couldn't help but stop in my tracks as I overheard two familiar voices in the other room.

"It's been a long time since it's been just you and I, Hajime. To think you would want to be alone with trash like me..."

The two of them were alone?! My eyes widened in shock, but I stood there like a deer caught in the headlights.

"Don't think this is of my own free will. I'm only waiting for the others to get here," Hajime scoffed in response.

"Oh... the others, eh? I wonder who you could possibly be referencing..." Komaeda began to let out a chuckle, which sent shivers up my spine.

"What are you getting on about?" Hajime prodded.

"Well, Hajime... you and I both know who you are thinking about in particular. And I sure as hell know it's not Kazuichi, or Akane, or Sonia... so just admit it already."

"You're insane. Like I would confide in you about anything," Hajime sighed.

"Oh, give it up already, Hajime. I know you like (y/n). I've seen the way you look at her."

I felt the hairs stand up on the back of my neck.

"Wh-what?! Dude, back off. What does it matter to you?" Hajime exclaimed, clearly choked up as to how to respond.

"Hajime..." Komaeda let out a sigh, and I heard footsteps, meaning he was probably pacing around the room. "You don't have to play dumb with trash like me. I see the hope in your eyes when she walks by. The fact your face turns red when you see her smile across the room. I've. Seen. All. Of. It. And I want to let you know that (y/n) is way above the likes of talentless scum like you. What do you have to offer such a shining beacon of hope?"

It was silent for a few moments. My heart was pounding in my chest as I covered my mouth with my hands, anticipating Hajime's reply.

"Are you kidding me? What's your problem? (Y/n) would never be interested in a freak like you. You've literally tried to threaten and hurt her! I'm just trying to protect her from you and all your craziness!"

Komaeda let out a dark chuckle. "Are you sure? I can tell she's interested in me. Maybe you're too talentless and blind to pick up on it..."

"Are you serious, Nagito!? She's literally told me about all of the stuff you've done to her. All I want to do is show her love and protection, and you keep getting in the way and ruining everything!"

"She's a shining beacon of hope, that's a fact. No match for trash like me. But to think she prefers trash like me over you... you really are scum, huh, Hajime?"

Dead silence followed. So it was clear both of them had caught on to the situation I was in. I felt a sinking in my chest as I thought about both of them... would I have to choose between the two boys?

"Good morning, (y/n)!!" A male voice exclaimed, jolting me back into the present time. I blinked and saw Souda standing in front of me, a shark-tooth grinned plastered on his face. "What are you standing there for?"

I shook my head, letting out a small laugh. "Oh hi, Souda! Sorry, I got lost in thought..."

"No worries! I know it's been a pretty rough few dsys, eh? Well, let's go to the restaurant! You know what they say— food is the best medicine!" He began heading towards the room where I heard the two voices from, gesturing for me to follow.

"I don't think that's what they say... but sure," I replied with a small chuckle, following him into the room.

Sure enough, Hajime and Komaeda were alone in the otherwise empty room, staring at each other in silence. Once I walked in, both of them turned to Souda and I, and I immediately felt the energy in the room shift.

"Hi, (y/n)!"

"Good morning, (y/n)!"

I froze up for a moment, still trying to process the argument I had overheard earlier. "Good morning, Nagito and Hajime."

"Hey, I'm here too, you know!" Souda exclaimed, glaring at the two boys as he walked over towards the food. "Don't forget about your fellow bro!"

I let out a small giggle at Souda's words as I walked over towards the food as well, grabbing a small plate of breakfast food. I then sat down with a plate at one of the tables, nothing Hajime, Nagito, and Souda following suit, one by one joining me at the empty table. Great, this is going to be the most awkward breakfast ever, I thought. What are we even supposed to talk about?!

"I wonder if a new island is going to open up..." I thought out loud, stabbing a piece of fruit with my fork.

"Hell yes! Maybe the bros and I will go explore it together!" Souda exclaimed, gesturing over towards the brunette and white haired boys.

"Eh, sure," Hajime replied apathetically.

"I'll only go if (y/n) goes," Komaeda insisted, staring at me with his shiny gray eyes.

"Let's go with the others later, maybe?" I suggested, trying to diffuse the obvious tension in the room.

"Sounds good to me," Hajime said, looking at me with a sad smile. It seemed as if he had taken some of what Komaeda said earlier to heart, which made my heart sink a bit.

Once we were finished and cleaned up, we met with the others and all headed to the new island together. It was much different from the previous islands, having a much more industrial and dystopian feel to it. We split off to search it individually, and I found myself wandering down the path when I felt a pair of hands grab me by the shoulders.

"Stop what you're doing right now, (Y/n)."