-Answers and Memories-

"So what do you want to know?" Scott asked, from beside me in a booth.

We decided to go to an IHOP so we could still have breakfast, and now we both sat side-by-side in a booth.

"Everything, starting with why you where there when I was stabbed." I told him and awaited the answers I'd been begging for since I woke up.

"Well..." He began with a sigh, before telling me everything I'd been begging to know.

***

(Scott's POV while explaining what he remembered)

"It all started about a week before that..."

"Scott, let's go. We have a new mission." Ben, one of my best friends, called after me.

"On my way down." I called, heading down the "Firefighter-Pole" in our headquarters.

I jogged to the front, found my name on a Manila folder, then jogged to the Jeep Wranglers out in the garage. "I call shot gun!" I called to my team jogging behind me.

It was a joke between us. I always was better with a literal shot gun and I always preferred sitting shot gun when heading to mission.

I jumped in and opened my folder to find a picture of a girl with auburn hair that went past the length of the picture, big brown eyes, and a small button nose that made her look cute along with her slightly chubby cheeks.

I read over her name, "Mae..." I said, trying it out.

"Man, she is a looker." One of my men, Josh, whistled.

I glare into the back seat. "This is strictly business, you know how important she is, so don't go trying anything." I ordered them, getting the whole, 'yes, sir.' I turned back around, but still spoke to my team, "Now remember, we do not intervene with her personal life unless she is in danger. Are we clear? No speaking to her, her friends, or her family.

"Yes, Sir." They all replied.

"Good, now what station are we listening to?" I asked, lightening the mood as everyone threw out which station they wanted to hear.

***

"Sir, Mae's boyfriend was followed home, for obvious reasons, and our men heard him telling a friend that he was planning on getting rid of Mae." Josh reported to me with his days events.

"Could he simply be planning on dumping her?" I asked, as if it was so obvious.

"No, sir, our men heard him tell his friend that he was planning on staging her suicide to keep his name clear." Josh continued, reading the report.

"Really?" I asked as I looked at my desk where all information we had gathered on the girl sat.

"Yes, sir." he replied, waiting for my next order.

"Interesting.... dismissed, thank you." I said and pulled up a picture of Mae's boyfriend . "You won't get away with this." I mutter to the image.

***

"Do we still have sights on the boy?" I ask through the mic connected to my shirt, listening for a response through the ear piece.

"The boy and Mae are at the movies right now. We have men seated near them, keeping an eye on the boy." One of my men, James, replied quietly.

"Good. For now she's safe. He's not dumb enough to pull a stunt in public. Especially if he's planning to stage a suicide." I replied. "Stay sharp and focused on the two." I ordered.