-Alison-

"Oh My God, Scott!!! You're home!!!" The blond yelled and threw her arms around Scott's shoulders. I tried not to look as if that felt like a punch to the gut, because it's not like I felt betrayed... I didn't... but it hurt me instead of brought me anger.

She pulled away and looked over at me. Scott and the girl stood right outside the car door while I sat on the seat, legs swinging mid-air. 

"Hi, I'm Alison, Scott's girlfriend. You must be the girl him and the guys left to go save." Alison beamed, holding out a hand to me. 

Maybe I was more hurt than jealous because there was nothing wrong with this girl and she seemed the better choice for Scott. Her dress went down just past her knees with a heart-shaped top and spaghetti straps. Navy blue flats were on her feet to match her dress and her hair was flowing down in beach waves. No make up was caked on her face, she was all natural beauty. 

She wasn't conceded about her looks either, she acted as if she were a servant or someone so low on their classes but they were still the happiest people you could ever meet. Her humble happiness made me sad of the news that Scott was planning on telling her.

"Hi, I'm Delilah, or that's what their calling me because I have a slight case of amnesia and don't remember my name." I explained with a small laugh at the end. 

"Oh no! That's terrible, how much do you remember?" She asked, honestly worried and interested in what I had to say.

"Just the past two years. From waking up in a room and being told by Scott that I was stabbed, then being kidnapped and everything after that. I don't remember my family, friends, childhood. Just common sense and stuff like that. It's weird and really depressing when I get to thinking about it." I explained. 

"That's terrible. I'm so sorry, but just think, now you're safe and can try and figure out who your family is so you can go home! Be reunited with your family again! If you need any help at all, just let me know and I'll be more than happy to help, promise. Even if it's just to have a girl talk, I'm here for you." she said.

Why couldn't she be an evil bitch? Seriously her being amazingly sweet is really making it hard to want Scott to tell her it's over between them. 

"Thank you, that's very sweet of you." I told her, glancing down at my hands to avoid eye contact as the guilt settled in my chest. 

"Umm... Alison, could we talk?" Scott said, and I felt it finally settle, making me look up at him in horror.

Oh no! He can't hurt her! He couldn't break her just for some girl like me! He should choose her instead of me! I can't let him hurt her like that! I've handled two years of pain, I think I can handle some more...

"Scott, wait, can I talk to you first? In private?" I asked, already feeling the tears build up. It was going to hurt but I knew it would be for the best.

"Uhh... yeah... I guess..." he said, analyzing my face but I didn't look at him, instead I smiled at Alison, which she returned and walked away. "What's wrong?" Scott asked, trying to take my hand, but I pulled away and looked away.

"Um, I think maybe you shouldn't break up with her, because I think she's a much better choice of girl for you... and umm.. I think you should forget all your promises to me so you can be with her. She's much sweeter and much better of a person than I am, and she's just a much better choice for you." I paused to gauge he reaction but he just had his eyebrows furrowed in confusion. I sighed and tried to get to the point in simpler terms. "Don't hurt Alison. She doesn't deserve as much pain that comes with a heart break. Please, just forget about all of this and give her everything you were planning on giving me. She deserves it much more than me, okay?" I asked, not looking up at him, terrified I'd break down at the thought of losing someone so amazing before I even had the chance to have him. 

"Look at me." he said so low I almost missed it.

I shook my head and told him, "I'm not going to do that."

"Then that tells me you don't really want this." he whispered, seeming closer than he'd been before. 

"I don't, but I don't want Alison so hurt. I want to be able to smile because others are smiling out of true happiness. I've become too broken to ever truly be fixed, so please don't break Alison." I begged, still not looking up at him. 

Scott was silent for a very long time, not moving, speaking, and I almost thought he stopped breathing too. "If you can look in my eyes and truly tell me that that's what you want, that you want to end what ever this was before it even started, then I'll do it. If you can make me believe it's really what you want, I'll do it." He said. 

I took a deep breath and pulled myself together, then looked up and told him, "Scott, I don't care how much it hurts me, I can't stand to see someone as sweet and caring as Alison hurt and feeling as broken as I am. The difference between us is that she isn't broken like I am and doesn't deserve to feel that way. So if you care for me at all, please, go to her, show her all the love you have in your heart, and love her. If you have to, forget about me and forget this mission. I'll be fine, maybe a little more hurt, but I've gone two years of torture and can handle more than that. Don't hurt a girl like Alison. Please." I begged, doing my best to with hold tears threatening to fall any second now.

Scott stood there, starring at me, thinking over all my words. He didn't speak or move for quite some time. 

Then all of a sudden he spoke.

*****************

Edited