-I'm Outie!-

"Oh hey, Cole." I faked a small smile.

He wiped my tears and looked at me with concern. "What did he do?" he asked, knowing I'd know he meant Scott.

"Scott didn't do anything, I just got done watching a really depressing movie and need to go cry some." I chuckled to myself as I let the lie slip easily off my tongue.

"Oh really? What movie?" he asked, obviously not believing me, as he crossed his arms over his chest.

"The Fault In Our Stars. Duh." I lied, saying the first depressing movie that came to mind.

Cole's face dropped as he hugged me. "It's okay, sweetie, Gus will always be with her." he pulled away and pointed to his heart with a pout as he added, "In here."

I so badly wanted to laugh at him, but I had to keep my act together, so I just nodded and looked ready to burst any second. "I know, it's just so sad. Excuse me." I rush and go into the room Scott and I share.

When the door closed, I took a deep breath and went into the bathroom, looking at myself in the mirror.  My mud-brown colored hair looked dull and ungroomed in the messy bun, while Monica's blonde hair looked full and healthy. My super light brown eyes almost looked unnaturally so light of a brown they could be mistaken for a dull red in the sunlight, or so my mom used to gush. 

Maybe he's embarrassed to introduce me, afraid of what his dad and sister and Monica would say. Stupid Monica, coming in here and ruining

The door suddenly swung open and Monica waltzed in with a huge smile as she gazed up into Scott's eyes, her arms looped through his as she rested her other hand on his bicep and laughed at something he'd said prior to their entrance. Scott walked in with a carefree smile, before his eyes landed on me. Then they went from shocked, to scared, to nervous in the span of less than five seconds. Is that a record?

"Oh, hey, Mae, is it?" Monica asked sweetly. "What are you doing in here? This is Scott's room. Unless you're the new help." she wrongly inferred, making Scott look down at her pointedly. "Or not, I'm sorry."

"No it's fine, Scott promised to let me borrow a book of his, so I just came  in to grab it real fast." I lied, staring at Scott the whole time, waiting for him to call me out on the lie, but he never did. So I walked to his shelf, grabbed a random book, before walking past them, 'accidentally' bumping Scott on my way, making me giggle innocently, and offer the two an apologetic smile. "Sorry, I'm a bit of a klutz it would seem." I smiled at Monica, "Nice to meet you, Monica." then looked at Scott, "Thanks for the book, Scott," I smiled faux innocently, and walked out. 

I closed the door behind me, just as Monica asked, "Who is that girl?" When the door was closed, I took in a  deep breath and let it out slowly, trying to calm myself, before turning around. There I found Cole, once again. 

"He. Did. Not." Cole said slowly and almost deadly, as he stared at me dead in the eye. 

I offered a small smile, shrugged and let out a super shaky breath. "He apparently did." Just then, it all hit me, and I felt a sob punch it's way out of my body and before I knew it, Cole was taking me towards the garage, throwing the book on the couch on our way out. He opened my door for me and helped me into his gigantic Jeep Rubicon. He offered me a small smile, closing my door, before climbing in and starting the engine. 

Sniffling, and wiping my face, I looked at cole as he began driving away from the house. "Where are we going?" I asked, curiously. 

Cole shrugged, and continued driving, "I don't know, but I don't think you want nor need to be under the same roof as that Jackass. So, where do you want to go?" he asked, glancing at me.