Chapter 27: "Powerful"

We all appear back in the studio. The feeling I just experienced made my heart race. Luke quickly pulls me into a hug, his hand cradling the back of my head. I close my eyes and wrap my arms around him. It felt so good to be in arms. I hated to see him cry.

"I've got you." He whispers quietly into my shoulder. I nod and hold him closer. Alex smiles a little and pats my back softly. I pull away from Luke to turn and hug him. He wasn't expecting it but he deserved it. He immediately relaxes when he feels my embrace. I smile a little before letting go of him to look at Reggie. Reggie already had his arms open. I giggle and jump on him. He wraps his arms around me, picking me up to spin me around. Once he sets me down I squeeze him to silently thank him. He smiles more and let's go of me.

"Thank you guys.. so much." I look at them. They smile at me and nod. "You're family." Alex says. "You're my.. everything." Luke says softly. I look at him. We had our serious moments and he would say sweet things but this was something genuine he meant. I pull him into another hug. He buries his head into my neck. I sigh quietly into him and hold him close. Alex and Reggie silently leave us to have a moment.

"You're never leaving my sight again.." He says making me laugh softly. "What if I need to shower?" I ask, pulling away to look at him. "I'm sitting on the floor outside the door then." He says. I laugh softly and grab his face gently, pulling him in for a kiss. He smiles and kisses me back. It seriously felt amazing to be visible again.

The next few days was rehearsals which meant I was spending as much time as possible with the boys and Julie. Luke didn't seem to mind. Of course he didn't. He wouldn't ever admit but he was obsessed with affection. Even during rehearsal, I would try to sing and he would walk over to peck my lips. It was honestly pretty funny how many times Alex would try to throw a pillow at Luke when he noticed him trying to give me a kiss.

"We have to rehearse!" Is all he'd say. No one else seemed to mind though. Everyone was just really content and happy right now. Today, practice ended early. Julie had a school project to work on with Nick. Alex wanted to go hang out with Willie. And Reggie was obviously following Flynn around like a puppy. Luke sits in a chair with his acoustic guitar. It took him a second to tune it but once he did, he began to play. I listen from the couch. I had laid there while reading one of my books for english. He sounded amazing. I glance over at him and smile. Luke was so focused as he watched his fingers pluck the strings softly. If anything could relieve his mind or help him think, it was music.

"What's your muse?" I ask, genuinely curious. He stops playing and looks up at me. "You." He says as serious as ever. My heart kind of skips a beat. "Me?" I ask, placing my book down. He sets his guitar down and stands up to walk over to me. I look up at him and move to sit up a little. He sits on the edge of the couch. "You're my muse, Y/n." He turns his head to look at me. I smile softly and place my head on his shoulder. Luke smiles and moves to kiss my forehead gently.

"Cuddles now." He says before moving to lay on top of me. I giggle before squirming underneath him. "Youre heavy." I joke. He gasps and moves to look at me. "Fine." He shakes his head before flipping us around, letting me lay on his chest. I smile and nuzzle into him. My eyes close when he starts to play with my hair. It relaxes me quite a lot. I feel him move a little and I think he's trying to see if i'm awake or not. He notices my eyes are closed before starting to talk.

"Y/n, you've always been my inspiration. You've always been the product of most of my songs. You're the love of my life. How am I not supposed to call you my muse?" Luke says softly. I hadn't fallen asleep yet but I don't move to listen to him. "I love you.." He says quietly, continuing to play with my hair. My heart beats faster as soon as the words leave his lips. Luke loves me.