Chapter 26: "You've got nothing to lose"

"You can't keep me here. They're going to find me." I say looking around the club. Willie had escaped this place so easily but I knew it was too good to be true. "No. I can't keep you here, but.. I can make your life miserable." He grabs my arm again and this time a mark appears. It covers my whole forearm.

"What is this?" I look up at him. "You made them visible. I made you invisible." He vanishes from in front of me. My heart drops. Once he's gone I quickly find the exit and run outside. This woman walks through me. I look at her, thinking she's a ghost but than she walks over to talk to someone else. I knew she was real. She couldn't see me though. I run and run until I make my way to Julie's.

"Where could she have gone? She wouldn't just ditch the show." Luke says, sitting on the couch. A soft sigh leaves his lips. I step further into the room. Stepping so close I was in front of him. "Luke.." I whisper quietly. He glances around for a second. I reach my hand out to touch his cheek but instead I only barely move his hair. He touches his face slowly. I feel tears fill my eyes as I crouch down in front of him. "Please... Please see me.." I close my eyes as the tears stream down my face. I notice his eyes becoming full of tears. He's worried. Everyone thought we were safe. Caleb hadn't bothered any of us in a while but he comes back for me. He takes away my ability to hold Luke. That hurt me more than anything. Julie walks over and wraps her arm around Luke's shoulder, pulling him closer. I wanted to thank her. He needed to be comforted in this moment. I couldn't do it.

"She couldn't have just disappeared." Alex says, crossing his arms. He was far from right. I could have. I did. I disappeared and it only took a second for Caleb to work his magic. I stand up. Angry that I couldn't comfort my boyfriend or friends. I got so angry, I hit the wall beside me, making a picture frame fall. Julie quickly looks up.

"What was that?" She stands up and walks over. It was a picture of Julie and I when we were kids. We both held a guitar way too big for either of us. "Y/n?" She says, looking around at the air. I knock another thing over to confirm she was right. "Y/n? You are invisible?" Alex asks, standing up. I look around before grabbing Luke's song book and opening it. Everyone quickly looks over when the hear the pages move. Luke is the first to jump over the couch and run over. I grab a pen, writing down exactly what happened.

"Caleb.." Luke says angrily. He snatches the book and throws it as hard as he can. I hated seeing him angry. "We need to go find him. Now." Luke says and grabs his jacket, walking outside. The boys quickly follow him as Julie debates on whether she should go. Julie was worried but she didn't know if she could handle a powerful ghost. I didn't blame her for not going, but I quickly follow after them. I didn't want any of them getting hurt.

They storm inside the club and it's turned into a full party. Caleb. He knew turning me invisible would bring them right into the palm of his hands. He wanted Luke the most for some reason. That why he went for the source of Luke's happiness. Me. Alex and Reggie look around as Luke storms straight up to Caleb.

"Turn her visible now." He glares at him. "Ah, Luke." He smiles and takes his hand, spinning him in a full circle. As soon as he does Luke's outfit does a complete change. He's wearing a black suit with his guitar in his hand. Caleb ruffles Luke's hair before walking over to Reggie. Reggie looks at him wide eyed as Caleb lifts his hand to boop his nose. Reggie closes his eyes briefly before opening them again. He was now wearing a red suit. His bass laid in his hands. Alex tries to get away from him but Caleb wraps his arm around him, kissing his cheek. Alex's outfit changes to a pink suit. He glances down at his outfit, noticing he's holding his drum sticks.

"No.." I whisper quietly. "Alex!" Caleb points to the stage, Alex appearing behind drums, his hands forcing him to play. He looks kind of concerned as to how he's actually doing this. "Reggie! Swing it baby." Reggie appears on stage, playing as well. He looks at Alex kind of scared. Alex returns the look. "Now Luke!" Caleb points to the stage as Luke appears up there. Luke does his best to fight it, trying not to play every stupid note he wanted him to play. Caleb smirks and looks back at me.

"What do you think of my new band?" He asks, crossing his arms. I watch Luke. He seems to almost be in pain how much he's trying to stop himself from playing. His body is moved closer to the microphone and he tries to stop himself from singing. I begin to join in with him. That's when I notice he's able to see me when I sing. Caleb notices.

"What.. how is that possible?" He asks, watching us. Reggie smiles when he notices me. Alex can't help laugh quietly. I run onto the stage and continue singing with Luke. He slowly begins to pull his hand away from his guitar. As soon as he places his hand in mine, he stops playing. I smile and reach over to touch Reggies shoulder. He automatically stops playing. He breathes heavily and looks at me. "Thank you!"

"My turn!" Alex yells from the drums. I quickly go over to him and wrap my arms around him. He drops the drum sticks and breathes out. Caleb watches everything from off the stage. "How are you more powerful than me?!" He yells, getting angrier by the second. Luke quickly grabs all of us, poofing us out of there.