Chapter 9: "Love birds!"

"So you're telling me Y/n does like me?" Luke asks Reggie as they sit together in Julie's house. Julie was away with at school so she wouldn't be able to yell at them. "Yes! I wouldn't lie to you. She said so to Alex." Reggie tells him and smiles lightly. Alex appears in the room which makes the boys turn their heads towards him. Reggie immediately remembers that he wasn't supposed to tell Luke. His face grows red and he stares at Alex in a bit of fear. "Reginald. What did you do?" Alex asks, crossing his arms. Reggie quickly disappears before Alex can grab him. "Reggie!"

"The whole no eye contact thing didn't work huh?" Julie asks as we walk down the hallway together. "I tried. I really did but I just had to. Especially when he was right there giving me puppy dog eyes!" I defend myself. She rolls her eyes at me playfully and laughs softly. I smile at her and walk to my locker. Josh walks over to me. "Dance partner, how're you feeling today?" He leans on the locker next to mine as I grab two books. "I'm feeling okay. What about you?" I ask and look at him. He smiles at me and takes my books for me. "I'm doing great. C'mon. We share next block." He tells me before starting to walk. I smile at him before walking beside him. I glance over at Julie but notice she went to an empty part of the hallway. That's when I notice Reggie standing with her. "Uh. I'll meet you there." I say to Josh. He nods and walks into the classroom. I walk over to Julie and Reggie. "Reg, what're you doing here?" I ask, crossing my arms. "I uh.. I was looking for Julie's kitchen and well.. this ain't it." He says looking around like he's confused. I give him a look. "Well have a great day!" He blows us both kisses before disappearing. I shake my head and look at Julie. "He is.. so weird." She says laughing lightly. I smile and walk with her to our next class.

I text my grandma and told her Julie and I had a school project. Which really meant we were going to rehearse songs for a bit. We walk into the studio together. Alex has Reggie in a headlock and Luke watches from the couch. "What is going on?!" Julie asks, staring at them wide eyed. "Reggie and I were just cuddling." Alex says over his shoulder before pulling Reggie into a really big hug. "I've been watching them for the past 30 minutes." Luke mumbles quietly, shaking his head. I laugh softly and set my stuff down. Luke stands up and walks over to me, pushing past Alex and Reg.

"Hey." I look up at him and smile lightly. "Hey." He smiles at me. I feel my face redden and my cheeks heat up a little when he does his best to make eye contact. "Do you mind checking out this song for me?" He slides his notebook across the piano towards me. I take it from him and read through the lyrics. "Maybe with a bit of this." He says, sitting at the piano and playing a few keys. I nod my head and listen to him, the lyrics fitting perfectly with the tune.

"I got a spark in me, hands up if you can see. And you're apart of me. Hands up if you're with me. Now 'til eternity. Hands up if you believe, been so long and now we're finally free." I sing softly, Luke joining in towards the end making me smile. Julie smiles to herself. "Definitely the piano. Alex has to kill it on the drums too. Of course Reggie is gonna be amazing with his bass." I tell him, handing him back his song book. He smiles at me and closes it. "Do you think we could perform this tomorrow night?" Julie asks, leaning on the piano next to me. Luke nods and looks at us. "Of course. Just let me add a few more things, maybe get the boys take on some stuff?" Luke looks at them and they nod before walking to their instruments. Julie and I smile before walking to sit and listen to them. Reggie grabs his bass, playing a few notes to check the tune. Alex grabs his drumsticks and waits for Luke. Luke pulls the strap of his guitar over his shoulder before looking over at us. "What? No vocals?" He asks jokingly and smiles at us. Julie laughs before walking over to grab a microphone.

"That sounded amazing you guys!" I tell the boys excitedly after we rehearse a few times. "What do you mean, Y/n? Your singing literally blessed my ears." Julie says and throws her arm around my shoulder. I smile at her and we high-five like we usually do. "Luke and your duet sounded great." Reggie says, wiggling his eyebrows at me. Alex glares at him. "Yeah, Luke sounds great with everyone he sings with though." I say and laugh softly. Luke smiles a little and glances at me, holding his favorite guitar pick in between his teeth. I check the time before quickly gathering my stuff. "Crap, my grandparents are going to kill me." I tell them before walking over to the door. "Be ready for the show tomorrow night! I'll send you the outfit to wear." Julie says and gives a quick hug. I hug her back before waving at the boys, walking out. Julie walks back over to the boys whispering. "What?" She asks curiously. Alex sighs and looks at her. "Reggie told Luke that Y/n likes him back now they want to plan this big grand thing to get them together." Alex says, rolling his eyes. "Reggie wants to!" Luke quickly defends himself and points at Reggie. "I just think they're such lovebirds!" Reggie says, grinning lightly. "Here's an idea. Nothing grand please." Julie points at them before walking out of the studio, leaving them to their thoughts.