Chapter 22: "You Think You're Better?'

A/n: 6k READS?! OH MY GOSH I DO NOT DESERVE IT. Thank you for the awesome support and be sure to check out my other book! Thank y'all!

-/-/-/-/-/-

To be a girl who wakes up in the arms of a guy she's fallen for quite a lot, I was in a very good mood. Luke continues to sleep beside me as I roll over to check on him. Soft snores leave his lips and his arm stays securely around me. As if I was gonna go anywhere without him. I knew this morning moment wasn't going to last long because I have school. After a few minutes, I begin to shake Luke. He stirs a little before opening his eyes. "What's wrong?" He asks softly. His voice was tired and raspy. My face grew red when I realized how much I actually liked his morning voice. "I have school." I tell him before moving to sit up. He sits up beside me and looks around my room. He still wasn't wearing a shirt which wasn't helping with the fact he had a nice morning voice. I blush more and go to grab clothes for school. He stands up and puts his shirt back on. I walk into my bathroom to change.

"Mind if we stop by Julie's so I can change?" He asks once I come back into my room. "Change? You're not going to school with me." I laugh softly and grab my books. "Actually, I think I am." He says, crossing his arms. I look at him. "Luke, you can't just show up at my school." I cross my arms to match his 'intimidating' body language. "Watch me." He says in his very hardheaded self way. I roll my eyes at him before following him downstairs. I skip breakfast and grab an apple instead. We walk together through the neighborhood and stops at Julie's. He goes inside the studio and I wait outside for him. Reggie and Alex walk outside with Julie. "Ready for school?" Reggie asks excitedly. "You guys are going too?" I ask, looking at Julie. "They literally begged until I said yes." She says while shaking her head at them. I smile a little. Luke finishes changing and meets us out front. We all walk to school together.

"You've been here so many times you probably know all my classes." I tell Luke as we walk to my locker together. I notice a few girls eyeing him as we walk but he keeps his gaze on me. Our fingers stay intertwined and I immediately feel better. "I know music class is first which is exciting. I get to hear you sing and play." Luke says, leaning on the locker next to mine. I grab my books out and glance at him, smiling softly. He smiles at me and takes my books for me. "What.." I look at him but he doesn't say anything, just begins to walk. I quickly walk to catch up beside him. He takes my hand again and I smile more. Luke clearly wasn't a type of person who was big on PDA but he still had to show his love language. Ever since last night, he hasn't stopped walking beside me just to hold my hand. We walk into music class. Josh looks up at me. His face immediately falls when he notices Luke's holding my hand. I take my seat and Josh leans over to me.

"Weren't going to tell me you have a boyfriend? Who even is this kid?" Josh whispers to me. I shake my head and look at him. "It's complicated. We just wouldn't work, Josh." I whisper back before the teacher walks in. Today we were playing our instruments for people. I chose the piano just like Julie. "Watch this, boy band." Josh says, glaring at Luke, Reggie and Alex before walking to the front of the room. Josh grabs his guitar. It was similar to Luke's but I liked Luke's more. Josh begins to play a riff, the class cheering him on. It was a pretty cool one. I could tell Luke didn't seem too impressed though. Josh finishes and the class claps for him. Luke stands up even though it's not his turn.

"What? You think you're better?" Josh asks, still standing at the front of the room. Luke walks over to where he is as his guitar appears in his hands. The class gasps and quickly look at each other. Josh scoffs a bit. "What was that? A magic trick?" He crosses his arms. Luke begins to play, making the class go silent. Luke riffs hit so incredibly different. The man knew his guitar very well. Alex and Reggie smirk as they knew their best friend would show off and kill it. I watch him. Completely and utterly speechless. Luke had amazing guitar skills and would be given a solo from time to time but this was completely different. It was a little louder then he usually played and almost a little aggressive. Like he was challenging Josh. Once he finished everyone began to clap and cheer for him, way louder than they did for Josh. Josh backed down from the challenge and set his guitar down, taking his seat. Luke smirks and turns towards the class. He sends a charming wink my way. I can't help but hide the blush on my face. Luke was jealous. I'd seen jealous Luke before, but this one was way more attractive. He walks back over to his seat, crouching down next to me before he sits. "What ya think, pretty girl?" He asks. I smile at him and nod. "You did good, pretty boy." I ruffle his hair before leaning over to kiss his cheek. This receives a few 'Ohhh' from the class. I smile at him more.