Chapter 24: "Mine"

"Alex, it's been weeks. Why hasn't Luke noticed I want to be his girlfriend?" I ask, looking up at him. My head lays in his lap as he works on braiding my hair. Alex and I had grown closer over the next week, he'd give me fashion tips and I was helping him learn how to braid. "Good things happen to those who wait." He simply says. I sit up and look at him. "You know something.." I cross my arms. His face begins to heat up and he shakes his head quickly. "No I'm not." He says, using his voice he usually uses when he's lying. "Tell me!" I shove his arm lightly. "I can't!" He jumps and looks at me. I groan and fall back onto the couch dramatically. He chuckles, shaking his head. "Just wait."

I rush over to Julie's house after she texted me saying she needed to see me immediately. My thoughts immediately went to the boys. Something must've happened to them. I quickly walk into the studio but look around when I notice how dark it is. "Julie?" I ask cautiously kind of scared. The light flips on and Luke's standing in the middle of the room beside a table. He's wearing a nice button up shirt and black slacks. His hair was styled completely different. It reminded me of when I thought of him during dance class that time. "Luke.." I slowly walk closer to the table. He holds out a single a single daisy for me. He knew they were my favorite flower. (If it's not your favorite, imagine any flower you want!:))

"I'm sorry I got Julie to lie to you, I just knew it would get you over here quickly." Luke says, scratching the back of his neck softly. I smile a little and bring the flower to my nose to smell it. The table was set with a white table cloth, a candle in the middle of it, and two plates. "The guys helped a lot. They're actually in the kitchen right now fixing us food." Luke says and chuckles softly. I look at him and smile more. He looked so nervous. I pull him into a soft hug. He hugs me back gently and holds me close. "I feel so underdressed." I tell him once we pull away. "I think I can help with that." Julie says from the doorway before walking over. She hands me one of her favorite dresses. It was white and is an off the shoulder dress. The dress only came up to my or her knees. "You can go change if you want. The food won't be ready for a little bit." Luke tells me. I nod and take the dress from Julie, walking inside to change. I look in the mirror and pin a few strands of my hair back with a bobby pin. My nerves completely melted away after I put on the dress. After a quick glance at how I look, I walk back outside to Luke. He pulls out my chair for me. I smile and sit down. He walks around to the other side and sits across from me.

"You look beautiful." He says making me blush. "You look very handsome." I say, smiling softly at him. He smiles back. Reggie and Alex walk into the studio, both dressed nice as well. They walk over and set our food in front of us. "Enjoy, madam." Reggie says in a voice, trying to sound fancy. I laugh softly at him. "Thank you." I look over at Alex and he winks at me before walking out with Reggie. Luke and I talk, eating the dinner the boys prepared for us. They surprisingly did very good. Luke stands up and walks over to me, holding out his hand. I look at him confused before taking it. He pulls me out of my chair, moving us to the middle of the room. He places his hand on my lower back while holding the other.

"We're dancing?" I ask and giggle softly. He nods and smiles at me. I smile, moving my arms around his neck and laying my head on his chest. He hums softly. It sounds muffled but comforting as I listen to him. Luke moves his arms around me to hold me closer. I could stay like this forever. It was such a moment I never wanted to forget. "I'm sorry for waiting so long.." He says softly. I look up at him. "I want you to be mine. My girlfriend." I smile widely at him and nod. "Of course Luke." I say, staying close to him. He leans in and I understand what he's doing. I lean in as well as my heart beats faster. His kiss is gentle like if I was a piece of paper or glass. My face heats up as I pull away from him. His cheeks have a cute little pink tint to them. I laugh softly and hold his face gently. "I've been wanting to do that.." He says quietly. I lean up to lean my forehead on his. "I've been wanting you too.."