Chapter 10: "Julie, Y/n, and the Fat ones!"

I realize how late it was and quietly sneak in through the front door. Time seems to fly by when I practice with Julie and the boys. All the lights were off as I sneak through the kitchen towards the stairs. Suddenly one flips on. "Y/n." My grandmother says. I slowly look over and see her cross her arms. "Grandma! Hi." I smile and give a little wave, laughing nervously. "Where were you this late?' She asks, giving me a look. "Project?" I lie and play with my fingers. "Now I know that's a lie when three of your teachers have called to tell me you haven't turned in any homework." She says making me sigh and close my eyes briefly. She walks over to me and holds out her hand. I place my phone in it. "Grounded. For a week until that homework gets finished." She says, taking my phone to hide it. "But-" She doesn't hear me as she makes her way back upstairs. I shake my head and go upstairs to my room. I grab my laptop and send a message to Julie, telling her I wouldn't be able to make the show tomorrow night. I explain to her what happened and she understood, school comes first. I get ready for bed and lay down. I go straight to sleep as soon as I lay down.

I woke up and began working on the homework I had missed when I was with the band. I didn't even realize it was this much. I guess I pushed school to the side a bunch. I was sat at my desk in my room for what felt like forever. I lean my head on my hand, tired of writing. My hand ached so I sat my pen down. My room was so boring. Especially without my phone. It had gotten later when my grandma came upstairs to ask if I wanted to go out to eat with her and my granddad.

"No thanks. I'm just going to finish this." I say, smiling a little. She nods and walks over to kiss my forehead. "There's pizza bites in the freezer or money on the stove incase you get hungry." She says before leaving my room. I hear them get in the car and glance out my window to see if they leave. I walk into my grandparents room, already knowing where the hiding place for my phone is. I take it out of the drawer and walk downstairs. I feel like ordering take out so I use my phone to call. I grab the remote to the TV and turn it on. "Okay, thanks." I say before hanging up. I plop down on the couch before feeling something under me. It's a piece of clothing. I grab it and immediately recognize it. Luke's flannel.

"Luke. Come out wherever you are." I stand up and look around. I go to step into the kitchen but he appears right in front of me. "What're you doing? We perform in an hour." He says, pointing at my outfit. I cross my arms and look at him. "I can't go. I'm grounded." I sigh softly and hand him back his flannel. "You think that's ever stopped a teenager before?" He smirks at me and I raise my eyebrow. "No. I'm not sneaking out." I say, shaking my head at him. "Trust me." He says before quickly running upstairs. I follow him to my room. He stuffs a few pillows under my blankets and turns off the lights, nodding when he looks satisfied with how it looks. "You can change at the show." He tells me. I think a bit before giving it, grabbing my stuff and quickly going downstairs. He chuckles while following me. I close the front door and lock it. We start to walk together. "What about your take out?" He asks, looking at me. "Oops." I say laughing softly.

We walk into the restaurant/bar together. Julie waves at me and I wave back before walking to go change. Luke walks over to the rest of them. Flynn had just caught up with them as well. She was in charge of the projector even if it didn't do anything. Only she could touch it. "If anyone was going to sneak you out, I knew it would be Luke." Julie tells me once I meet up with them again. I laugh softly and shake my head. We look up on stage to see Dirty Candy performing. Of course Carrie was singing about her self. Alex starts to dance a little beside me before disappearing to reappear on stage. He watches Carrie, trying to follow her dance moves. I giggle at him. Julie smiles and crosses her arms. Alex appears next to us again. "Have fun out there?" I ask, looking at him. He nods quickly and smiles, a blush spreading across his cheeks. "One more time!" He yells before disappearing again. "When I grow up, I wanna be me, be me. I'm my own goals, just talking honestly." Alex follows her, placing his hand on his hips to do a little shoulder pop. He looks around and continues to do what she does before they line up. He runs behind them and jumps up in the air, kicking his legs to the side. I laugh more and shake my head. Dirty Candy finishes performing and Alex stands at the front of the stage. "Thank you! Thank you!" He waves and blows a few kisses before bowing and disappearing off stage. He knew only Julie, the boys, and I could see him but of course he had to be dramatic. Carrie steps off stage and walks over to us.

"Ah, if it isn't Julie and her weird friend." She says, crossing her arms. "Ha. If it isn't miss.. miss. I uh don't know." Reggie starts but can't finish. Luke pats his shoulder lightly. "Now for our closing act! Julie, Y/n, and the fat ones!" The announcer says, making Carrie and the rest of the place laugh. "Really man?" Reggie asks, looking at Luke. "Yeah dude. My handwriting sucks." He says and sighs heavily, moving his hand to scratch the back of his neck in embarrassment. Julie closes her eyes briefly and sighs. I roll my eyes at them before pushing past Carrie. "Good luck! Don't choke." She mainly says to Julie, making Julie glare back at her. "You've got this." I tell her quietly. She nods and takes her seat at the piano.