A waitress came to Aria and Damon's table and placed down a box, "Perfect, thank you" Damon said, "I'm hoping this peach cobbler will pave the way".

"Well you better hope it's perfect peach cobbler because Jenna is one tough cookie" Aria said, "But tell me, what are you hoping to achieve at this barbecue anyways Vampy?".

"I'm gonna put some silver into Mason Lockwood and prove he's a werewolf" Damon revealed.

"That's a horrible idea" Aria said.

"That's the only idea" Damon retorted, "Now are you in or not?".

"Do I have a choice?" Aria asked.

"No, not really" Damon joked, making Aria laugh.

"I'm just hoping no one dies at this barbecue" Aria said, sipping her coffee.

***

"Hey Jenna" Aria said, entering the kitchen where Jenna and Elena were preparing for the barbeque.

"Hey Aria" Jenna said.

"Thanks for letting me invite Caroline" Aria said, grabbing some chips and putting them into a bowl, "She could really use a day surrounded by positivity".

"Well, she's not the plus one I'm worried about" Jenna said, "Why is Damon coming?".

"Because Alaric is a pity taker" Elena retorted.

"Or maybe because his my boyfriend" Aria snapped, "Come on Jenna, you haven't even given him a chance, you gave Stefan the benefit of the doubt why not give the same to Damon, I really love him, and it would suck if two people I love don't get along".

Jenna sighed, "I'll be nice to Damon when he learns not to come between yours and Elena's friendship".

"Is that what Elena told you?" Aria asked.

"Aria" Elena warned, scared that in her anger Aria would say something she shouldn't have.

"What do you mean?" Jenna asked, looking between the two best friends in confusion.

"Don't worry about it" Aria said, glaring at Elena, "Just know this, Damon isn't the bad guy".

Before Jenna could say anything, Mason walked into the kitchen.

"Aha, good news, found the shot glasses" Mason said, making Jenna laugh.

"That would be my exit" Elena said, leaving the room, while Aria stayed.

"I'm here 10 minutes and already I'm back under the bleachers at the pep rally" Jenna joked.

Mason side hugged Jenna, "It's just like old times, huh?".

"You guys must have had some crazy times together" Aria said, smiling at Mason and Jenna.

"Oh you have no idea" Jenna said, making Aria laugh.

"Only this time, I didn't swipe this bottle from my old man" Mason said, pouring some shots.

"Oh, the expensive stuff, I like you already" Alaric said, entering the kitchen.