four

04. "An Eternity Of Misery"

"Did you sleep here?" Alaric asked, entering the armory and seeing Aria laying on the couch.

"Maybe" a sheepish Aria admitted, sitting up and stretching.

"Here, you look like you need it" Alaric said, handing Aria a cup of coffee.

"Thank you, you're a life saver" Aria said, taking a sip of the coffee.

"Where's Kol?" a curious Alaric asked.

"Gone to check on the triplets" Aria informed, "But he'll be back for his and mine little date with the siren".

"Oh, hey" Georgie greeted, entering the armory with some coffee and breakfast.

"Uh, I thought I told you not to come in today" a confused Alaric said, wondering what Georgie was doing here.

"Well, I heard there was a coffee shortage and came running" Georgie said.

"Well, actually, we're in the middle of a major project" Alaric said, "So why don't you take the day off".

"Major project? Sounds sketchy" Georgie commented, "Got a girl tied up in the basement?", immediately Aria and Alaric exchanged panicked looks both wondering if Georgie knew something she shouldn't, "Jokes" Georgie said, seeing the panicked looks on both Aria and Alaric's faces, "Okay, I'll leave you to it".

Once Georgie walked away, Alaric let out a sigh, "I can only deal with one temptress at a time" he told Aria.

"If it's any consolation, that temptress is pretty cute" Aria teased.

"Moving on" Alaric quickly said, making Aria chuckle, "Any word from Damon?".

This time Aria let out a frustrated sigh, "Nope, just dead silence, and that worries me immensely".

***

Damon pulled up to a repair shop, getting out of his car he made his way over to the one mechanic present, "Hey!" he called, but the mechanic didn't listen, "Hey! Earth to Planet Redneck", Damon tapped the mechanic's helmet, finally gaining his attention, "Are you Peter Maxwell?".

"No, Pete owns the place, I'm just the hired help, name's Lou, what can I do for you?".

Damon stared at Lou's outstretched hand, "I really need to talk to Pete".

"Well, have it your way" Lou said, "He should be back in a bit, hey, what exactly brings you out here?".

"You know, it's hard to say" Damon replied, "To be honest, I'm not even the one that cares about finding your boss, there is a woman--and I use that term loosely--named Sybil, who wants to, so, inexplicably, here I am".

"Sounds like that gal's screwing with your head" Lou said.

"Oh, you have no idea" Damon mumbled, turning his back to Lou.

"You'd be surprised, I've been married five times" Lou said.

Damon turned to Lou, "Oh, I take that back" he said, "You do get me Lou, see, the catch is, Sybil and I had a thing, but it's done, in theory, I'm a free man, but I still find myself doing whatever it is I think she'd want me to be doing and if all that wasn't enough, there this other girl, her name is Aria, she's someone I didn't even know I knew but for some reason I can't stop thinking about her, hell between me and you, if Aria or Sybil asked me, I'd probably kill for both of them, only difference is for Aria it will be willingly, but for Sybil it won't be my choice".