ten

10. After School Special

"Carol Lockwood always said that togetherness, in times of tragedy leads to healing" Liz said.

Caroline and Aria sat beside each other in the school gym, a candle in each of their hand, last night when Aria was with Jeremy at the lakehouse, Liz called her saying Carol Lockwood was dead, Klaus then informed her that he killed Carol to get back at Tyler who manged to get all his hybrids unsired to him and even tried to take him down, though Aria wanted to stay with Jeremy she knew she had to pay her respects to Carol and Rebekah also wanted her back cause her and Caroline wanted to corner Elena and Stefan and find out what they know about the cure, so after leaving Kol and Damon in charge, April and Aria made their way back to Mystic Falls.

"That one community is stronger than a thousand of its members" Liz continued, "But how does a community stay strong after losing its leader? And Carol was so much more than just a mayor, she was an open minded friend, and a concerned mother, taken from us too soon, by a terrible accident", Aria and Caroline watched as Tyler ran out of the gym, though Aria knew Tyler had bought this on himself, she knew what losing both your parents felt like, and Aria sympathised with Tyler's pain, "Please join me in observing a minute of silence in her memory".

Elena, who was looking at Tyler, froze when she saw Rebekah standing in the corner, she closed her eyes and checked again, only to see no sign of Rebekah anywhere.

"You okay?" Bonnie asked.

"I'll be right back" Elena replied, standing up and going where she thought she saw Rebekah, who she knew had no job here.

"It's starting" Caroline whispered to Aria, as both the girls saw Elena get up.

Aria nodded, both the sisters slowly stood up and followed behind Elena.

***

Elena walked in the empty corridors of Mystic Falls High, when suddenly she heard a girl crying, confusing her. She turned a corner to see April standing there, "April?" Elena asked confused, "What's wrong?".

"Nothing, I'm fine" April assured.

"But you're crying" Elena said.

"It's just the whole mayor thing, you know, it's bringing up stuff with my dad" April replied, Elena nodded in understanding, "And I know that you're a vampire".

Elena looked at April in shock, not knowing that her brother and Kol were the ones who told April everything, "Wait, what?".

Suddenly, Aria speeded behind Elena, and snapped her neck.

"Nice acting" Rebekah said, as her and Caroline walked over to the girls.

"Thank you" April said, "So I guess I did good?".

"You did amazing" Caroline replied, they had assigned April with the task to distract Elena for a moment so Aria can snap her neck.

"Okay, let's get this over and done with" Aria whispered.

***

Elena slowly woke up from getting her neck snapped, she looked around in confusion, she realised she was in the school library.