one

01. The Birthday

Tennessee,

"Rudy!" A blond haired women yelled, coming out of her house, "Rudy! Come on, it's too hot to make me come looking for you", the girl turned around and gasped seeing Klaus and Aria standing behind her.

"I am so sorry, I didn't mean to scare you" Klaus said in a fake American accent, Aria had to stop herself from laughing hearing him.

"Can I help you guys?" The women asked.

"Yeah, our car ran out of gas a couple miles back, me and my sister feel like we have been walking forever" Klaus replied, "Yours is the first house we've come to, so we were hoping we could use your phone".

"Don't any of you have a cell phone?" The woman asked, apprehensive of letting strangers into her house.

"We do, but our batteries died" Aria replied, showing her turned off phone to the women.

"Look, we promise we're not serial killers" Klaus said, "We just wanna use your phone".

The women sighed, "Sure".

"So, I can come in?" Klaus asked hopefully.

"No" The women replied, "I'll get the phone and bring it out to you".

Hearing the woman, Klaus's expressions hardened, "I thought you country folk were supposed to be more trusting" Klaus said, his fake American accent long forgotten.

"I'm from Florida".

"Well, that explains it" Klaus said, grabbing the women by her throat, "Now, show us a little Southern hospitality, sweet pea".

"I bet you a hundred dollar that dog ran off to a house with air conditioning" A dark skinned women said, cooking in the kitchen, turning around she got shocked seeing Klaus and Aria with her terrified friend, "What's going on?".

"Please don't be alarmed" Klaus said.

"Someone told us that Ray Sutton lives here" Aria said.

"He's almost never here, he's on the road mostly".

"But I except he makes it home once a month" Klaus said, shocking the women, "That's what I thought, where is he now?".

Realising the women wasn't going to speak, Aria spoke, "Look, don't make this any harder then it needs to be, I'm tired and I'm sure you are to, just tell us where Ray is, and we will be on our way".

The women glanced between Aria and Klaus, then without thinking bolted towards the door, she screamed in fright when she saw Stefan standing on the other side of the door.

"I love it when they run" Klaus said, coming over to Stefan and the girl.

"He's in Tulley" The woman said, hoping Klaus will spare her, "It's near the border, a bar called Southern Comfort, it's off Highway 41".

"I'm going to go wait outside" Aria said, she knew what was coming next, and she didn't want to be here for it.

Klaus nodded at Aria, and then turned to the hysterical women, "Thank you my love, now may my friend come in and play?".