nineteen

19. American Gothic

"So Mama Forbes has managed to find from where Katherine had called Elena" Kol told Damon, as they walked back to Damon's car after grabbing gallons of gas.

"Remind me to send her some mini muffins" Damon said, "Do we really need ten gallons of gas or are you making me lug this as punishment?".

"Punishment for forgetting to put fuel in your car" Kol replied, "And we have to fill it up, we still have a hundred miles before we reach Willoughby".

"Yeah, I don't remember that name from the list of places I got in New York" Damon said.

"Right, the useless list that the useless doppelganger tried to steal" Kol said sarcastically.

"It wasn't useless" Damon defended.

"Yes it was" Kol retorted, "It didn't even have the location in which Katherine is actually in, we would have gone on a wild goose chase if the Sheriff didn't track down the number Katherine used to call Elena".

"Screw the muffins, I'll get her champagne" Damon said, filling his car up with the gas he and Kol got from the gas station, "If Katherine is wherever it may be".

"Do you not listen to me?" Kol asked, "I literally just told you she's in Willoughby, just hope we get there before she realises we are close to her and once again decides to disappear, you did destroy Elena's phone right?".

"Yeap, and also flushed her daylight ring down the toilet, so she won't be able to leave the bar until sunset" Damon replied.

"And by that time, we will be long gone" Kol said, "Look at you for once in your life using your brain".

"Shut up" Damon snapped.

Kol chuckled, "Remember Damon, keep your eye on the prize the whole time, find Katherine, get the cure from Katherine, then torture Katherine, and last but not the least--".

"Kill Katherine" Damon finished.

"Would you look at that?" Kol said, "For the first time we both have the same goal".

"That's not true and even you know that" Damon said.

"Do I?" Kol asked, opening the car door, "Now get in Salvatore, we still have a long journey".

"Who would have thought I would be going on a road trip with you?" Damon asked, sitting in the drivers seat, "And that to so we can go kill Katherine Pierce".

"Definitely not me" Kol replied.

***

"Hey, I'm sorry it took so long for me to respond to your messages, I was with Aria" Caroline said, entering the Mikaelson mansion, and looking for Klaus, "Klaus!?".

"Go away" Klaus snapped.

"Where are you?" Caroline asked, walking further in, and finally seeing Klaus sitting on the floor, looking like he was in immense pain, "What happened to you?".

"I need more time, stop hounding me!" Klaus yelled.

"What are you on about?" Caroline asked, "When did I hound you, if anything you've been hounding me, I was with Aria, trying to make her feel better but you just refused to stop phone stalking me!".