seven

07. Death And The Maiden

"Hey" Aria said, entering the room Adriana and Damien were staying in.

"Hey" Adriana said.

"Um, I bought you some food, you know since you're human I figured you might be hungry" Aria said, handing Adriana a sandwich, "I didn't know what you like so I just made you my favorite sandwich".

"Thank you" Adriana said, taking the sandwich from Aria, just as she was about to take a bite, she looked to her side, "I don't know!" she yelled.

"Adriana?" Aria said confused, "Who are you talking to?".

"The ghosts" Adriana whispered.

"The ghosts?" Aria asked shocked.

Adriana nodded, "I'm linked to the anchor of the other side, I can see people from this side and the other side".

"Wow" Aria whispered, "Doesn't that drive you crazy?".

"All the time" Adriana replied, looking around, extremely frightened, "Where's Damien?".

"His downstairs, with Damon and Kol, making sure Silas and Amara don't come near you" Aria replied.

"Leave me alone" Adriana whispered.

"Me?" Aria asked confused.

"No" Adriana said quickly, "Not you, I'm sorry, I was talking to them".

"It's okay, you don't have to apologise" Aria assured, "I get it, I don't see ghosts, but I sense them all around me".

"Because of your banshee side" Adriana realised.

Aria nodded, "Are you still a banshee?".

Adriana nodded, "I used to be immortal, banshee and a witch, but now I'm an anchor, banshee and witch".

"Can I ask you something?" Aria asked, Adriana nodded, "I've gotten pretty good in being a vampire and a witch, but the banshee part of me is something I can't control, I don't know how to use it properly, is there a way I can learn?".

"Being a banshee isn't easy Aria, there's no proper way to be a wailing women, you just have to learn and go" Adriana said.

"It's hard" Aria admitted.

"No one ever said it would be easy" Adriana said.

Aria chuckled, "True" she said, "You know, it's kind of weird, looking at you and asking for advice, it's like I'm looking into a mirror".

"I know exactly what you mean" Adriana said, "When I first saw you, I think I nearly passed out".

"Thank god you didn't" Aria said, "Hey, do you want some of my clothes, you can shower and change?".

"I don't really know how to wear the clothes you wear in this era" Adriana admitted, a bit embarrassed.

"That's alright, I can show you" Aria said, "Come on, let's go into my room and get you out of this two thousand year dress".