CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE

I ran my fingers over Ryan's back and patted him awake...He grumbled something about me having to pull him out of his sleep.

Then he went into the bathroom and I heard the waters rush...I got out of bed and grabbed my phone to see mom's text. It's a long one but to cut it short,Cayden and her are getting married next week!

I was a little taken aback but then what difference would their marriage make?.

"Baby"I heard Ryan say and his arms encircled me.

I hmm-ed and he kissed my neck down to my shoulder...I wasn't feeling anything but the usual sparks...my heart was beating furiously in anticipation of what I would say to Mom when I see her again.

"Mom's getting married next week"I muttered lowly and Ryan paused at my shoulder blade.

He turned me to look at him and heaved.

"You mad about that?"He asked and I huffed

"Not really...I mean,he proposed recently and I was really excited about it...but its really happening now and I'm just....I'm scared!
What if he takes her away from me?"I ranted and Ryan held my face and patted gently.

"Baby,you don't want her to leave with him?"He asked and I nodded affirmatively.

"How did you feel when Balt tried to keep us apart?"He asked and my heart skipped."Balt was afraid that I would take you away from him...because he cares about you and he was afraid that I would hurt you...
The same way you feel about your mom's boyfriend....You have to trust him..the same way Balt trusts me with you"He kissed my lips gently and I held on to him as he moved up to hold me too.

"You calm my wars"I said simply to him.

"Its what I do best"He replied and smiled sweetly

"Mom and Cayden would be home today...I think they're taking me along to Paris for the dress selection..."I explained and he nodded...staring at something on my neck...

I touched my neck and there was a tiny lump...I blushed hotly.

"You gave me a hickey!"I shouted and he chuckled softly.

"I can't let my mom see it,she'll freak!"I said and he grabbed me,smiling evily.

"I'll just give you more of it"He said and bared his teeth like a vampire would....I screamed in laughter and reeled out of his arms.

"Ryan,stop!"I laughed loudly,almost convulsing in laughter.

"I need to take my bath and get dressed"I muttered,staring into his eyes...his perfect blue eyes.

"I love you"I whispered aloud,just enough for him to hear me.

"What I feel for you isn't love,Azure...its way more than love...
If only I could find another word to explain it..."Ryan said and memories of last night made me shiver.

"What we did last night's only gonna make our bond stronger"He said and I smiled,hooking my arms around his neck.

"Don't you think I've noticed?"I teased and he bit gently on my lips as we laughed and chortled.

He pulled me up and we went to have our bath.I dressed up in one of his shirts and we both left for my house...
After we escaped everyone in his house of course.

Mom and Cayden wasn't home yet so we fixed breakfast and ate...then Ryan left when his Dad called...He kissed me briefly on the lips and left immediately.